Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First for the season

Old 10-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First for the season

Got out after work today and I to the woods by 1300. New area again due to base only having 4 areas open in total. So decided to hit a bottom from the looks of Google maps. After sitting in my spot a good 45 minutes was getting up to start moving further in when I turned to grab my shotgun see a doe walking through about 40 yards.

Picked the gun up slowly and the deer stopped but we had enough saplings between it didn't spot me. Started moving again so raised the gun and the deer stops right before the opening just behind some trees. Sat like this for a few minutes started to shake holding the gun up for so long and finally the deer took the next step. Took a steadying breath and squeezed the trigger and bam scope right into the forehead, but deer was spazzing on the ground. Surprise the deer gets up after a couple seconds and starts walking back the way it came. Gave it a few minutes and checking my forehead (no blood) I walked to where I shot the deer. Look over and deer didn't even go 15 yards and expire.

Got to the "doe" and she just happened to grow balls and two spikes not even 1" tall. Not what I wanted but glad I got it none the less. Mosquitoes where freaking horrid today, like swarming f-18's. Good day in the woods but not fully excited I let my form go on my shot even though it was still a double lung shot.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:04 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

One nuttie doe.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Skeeters chewing on ya will do that. Congrats.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

The doe always wanted to be a man
Old 10-24-2015, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks fellas, always my luck to find the Bruce Jenner of deer.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the kill...
Glad you didn't need stitches!
Old 10-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Backstrap! A couple little bitty spikes don't make it taste any different.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by olsaltydog

Got to the "doe" and she just happened to grow balls and two spikes not even 1" tall. Not what I wanted but glad I got it none the less. Mosquitoes where freaking horrid today, like swarming f-18's. Good day in the woods but not fully excited I let my form go on my shot even though it was still a double lung shot.
At some point it pays to say, "It is what it is."
Hopefully that first bite will make you feel better.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Backstrap! A couple little bitty spikes don't make it taste any different.
that just means it comes with it's own skewers!

barmy:
Old 10-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the deer, it is interesting the way deer react. I have had archery shot deer flinch and continue walking forward while blood is pumping out both sides.

I love my thermo-cell, keeps the skeeters at bay and hasn't spooked a deer to the best of my knowledge...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.