Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Thoughts in Information on Forums >

Thoughts in Information on Forums

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thoughts in Information on Forums

Old 09-15-2015, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tatonka
That's the point I'm trying to make (when you say consider the source).. When we know the person we can certainly consider the source, but on a forum we really have no idea if the source is experienced and wise, or if he/she is a complete fake.....
No, can't tell 100%, but I pay attention to what people say and consider myself a good judge of character. If a person says things that don't add up or contradict themselves, my opinion of them suffers. Don't sum everyone up quickly and I will view previous posts to see if responders are consistent in their logic.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

And yes, use your head and think about what people tell you. When I was a kid my uncle used to hunt with an old fellow.. They were stump sitters...spent most of their time watching deer trails up in the mountains. The old guy would build a fire to keep warm, smoke cigarettes, etc. while he sat and he mentioned more than once that smoke didn't bother deer. My uncle didn't smoke and didn't build a fire.. Guess who killed the most deer on a regular basis? The old guy said my uncle was just plain lucky... Looking back, as a kid I believed the old guy... I didn't know any different and if he said smoke didn't bother deer, it must be true... He had hunted deer all of his life, so he should know. Now it's obvious that he was wrong... I can also remember him saying that he'd never shot a big buck and that he'd really like to. Hmmmmmm.......
Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ha, I avoid the...

new expensive routes and ways of doing things.
Besides, I probably been doing it a cheaper way for years. Not going to change my way, just to spend more money.