Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Cwd ????

Old 08-28-2015, 11:34 AM
  #11  
Spike
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 62
Default

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
wooden, I have one agenda, it's the stopping of the spread of CWD and other various diseases that affect our herds. The other isn't so much of an agenda as it is an extreme dislike of "shooting pens" that call themselves "hunting destinations". You know the type, 100 acre high fence places. THOSE I have extreme dislike for. So in answer to your question, no not all of them are scum. Some are actually good places that are trying to help in the research of CWD since it is not really feasible to hunt millions upon millions of acres to capture wild free ranging deer that may or may not be infected with the CWD prions.

In answer to your other question, how do YOU think CWD got here in Illinois? Since according to LittleTime and vapawannabe they seem to think it can't be transmitted through urine and fecal matter. How else is the prion transmitted to the plant matter and soil? According to LittleTime there is an angry little doctor running around in a white coat with a syringe injecting it into the soil and plant matter. Don't tell me you think that there weren't any of the guides around the Golden triangle that didn't buy a few of those genetic monsters from deer farms to let loose around there to improve on the gene pool. Hell I even considered that route years ago to help spunk up the gene pool on my properties. Didn't do it but I did consider it. I'm not one to blame ALL CWD on deer farmers, or the urine products they sell. But since the disease is very common among captive animals it just makes sense to err on the side of caution about the use of their products. All these guys have been shown absolute facts yet they rail on, butting their heads against the wall of scientific proof and they'll be damned if anything shown to them will change their minds. Mindsets such as theirs are what holds people back from doing things necessary to control the spread of deadly diseases. Kinda like a vegan not understanding your were born with canines and incisors for the task of eating meat!
Not the case!!!! They even think CWD can be spontaneous. So explain that one Dr!!! Why in Texas last week only 4 related animals in a herd of over 300 had CWD? You don't go around killing animals and ruining people's lives because of something that might happen and has shown itself over 60 years not to cause any harm! You bring up deer farmers and urine as a cause! Then you bring in soil and crops! I can show you 100000% fact proven research showing CWD in corn and alfalfa and yet you say nothing of shutting down that vector??????? Lets see here. Lets ban urine that has never even found to have the CWD prion in it but lets not worry about the CWD being sold on every shelf in the country and being hand fed to animals all over the world??????????? I don't think you are giving yourself enough credit for you hatred of deer farms!!!!!
BigTime1 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 11:42 AM
  #12  
Spike
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 62
Default

Originally Posted by woodenb14
" how do YOU think CWD got here in Illinois?"

I'm of the belief that CWD has always been around, but it's not near the problem it's made out to be. I live on the Illinois side of the IL-WI border and when it was first found just north of me years ago, both state DNRs overreacted by not only allowing, but encouraging the harvesting of way more deer than should have been. The conspiracy theory in me thinks auto-insurers were behind it in order to thin the herd, and reduce claims related to people hitting deer with their vehicles.
You don't know how right you are. This had always been a political disease and if you knew the industry and its ongoing you would see where the state of Iowa was just sued by a farm for their strong arming and the state lost the case and 1.6 million dollars of taxpayers money paid to the farmer! You would also have heard a judge last week in Missouri tell the state that CWD does not show the threat they claim it does to try and shut down farms in that state! Trust me. There is not a DEC or DNR that would not go to the end of the earth to try and stop people from paying money to hunt behind fence. They know the money involved and don't think for a second that they know every hunter that hunts with us does not spend their money with them!
BigTime1 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:06 PM
  #13  
Giant Nontypical
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allegan, MI
Posts: 8,019
Default

Originally Posted by BigTime1
You don't know how right you are. This had always been a political disease and if you knew the industry and its ongoing you would see where the state of Iowa was just sued by a farm for their strong arming and the state lost the case and 1.6 million dollars of taxpayers money paid to the farmer! You would also have heard a judge last week in Missouri tell the state that CWD does not show the threat they claim it does to try and shut down farms in that state! Trust me. There is not a DEC or DNR that would not go to the end of the earth to try and stop people from paying money to hunt behind fence. They know the money involved and don't think for a second that they know every hunter that hunts with us does not spend their money with them!
Ah, you finally outed yourself and why you have the agenda you have, but we knew that all the time anyway now didn't we, LOL!
Topgun 3006 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:23 PM
  #14  
Spike
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 62
Default

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Ah, you finally outed yourself and why you have the agenda you have, but we knew that all the time anyway now didn't we, LOL!
There is no outed anything. What we knew was that I was here to blow your agenda pushing lies out of the water. Fact is is means nothing of what I do or what you do. Facts are facts and I have them and you don't!! ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Last edited by CalHunter; 09-01-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Rules 2, 8 & 12--Warning.
BigTime1 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:23 PM
  #15  
MZS
Typical Buck
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northern WI
Posts: 853
Default

With respect to CWD, my two fears are/were 1) Will it kill me? and 2) Will it kill all the deer?

With respect to the first concern, every report I have read dismisses any connection with CWD and CWJ, the disease that kills humans. Also, of the millions of pounds of venison eaten, not one case. So I really have no reason to worry. Yes, it could mutate, someday. And I could drive to town today and get nearly t-boned by a tourist that did not see the stop sign (as happened to me) too. But I still drive. One can not live in fear of what might happen.

With respect to the second concern, I think there is still merit to some concern since the models for this disease spread being decimating to a herd requires decades. But I am no expert on this. I just wish that our own DNR would not go nuts on the doe tags in areas that do not even have CWD. This action did indeed decimate our local herd.
MZS is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:44 PM
  #16  
Spike
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 62
Default

Originally Posted by MZS
With respect to CWD, my two fears are/were 1) Will it kill me? and 2) Will it kill all the deer?

With respect to the first concern, every report I have read dismisses any connection with CWD and CWJ, the disease that kills humans. Also, of the millions of pounds of venison eaten, not one case. So I really have no reason to worry. Yes, it could mutate, someday. And I could drive to town today and get nearly t-boned by a tourist that did not see the stop sign (as happened to me) too. But I still drive. One can not live in fear of what might happen.

With respect to the second concern, I think there is still merit to some concern since the models for this disease spread being decimating to a herd requires decades. But I am no expert on this. I just wish that our own DNR would not go nuts on the doe tags in areas that do not even have CWD. This action did indeed decimate our local herd.
Friend just look at the past. Wisconsin. Cwd for 13 years. They first found it they killed every deer they put their eyes on year round. Today they are overpopulated with deer and have all but dropped Cwd testing. Waste of money they say! Wind Cave elk herd. 50% positive in that herd and they out grew their fences. States cuts them untested animals free on public land to be shot by hunters. No threat to hunters or land they say! There is not 1 place in the country that Cwd has done harm to the herd! Now you talk your DNR, EHD, Wolves and such and your herd is gone!
BigTime1 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 05:49 PM
  #17  
Spike
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Park Falls Wis USA
Posts: 7
Default

For the record i don,t know any posters on here . Yeah i just happened to log on and see what was being discussed, CWD has been a hot button issue for a long time . I shared my experience with you guys is all i did . It does sound like there are some toxic posters on here ,glad i don,t have to hunt with them !! Anyway all you guys even the toxic ones hope you have a successful hunt this fall.
gunnysack2 is offline  
Old 08-28-2015, 09:05 PM
  #18  
Nontypical Buck
 
gjersy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 1,089
Default

Welcome gunnysack2, but i feel deer farms are toxic. A high fence deer farm in Eau Claire County Wisconsin had CWD confirmed in a 7 year old doe, and the operation let multiple deer escape a few months ago. Now our tax money is going to pay the high fence deer farm money for all of the deer they're putting down. And not only that, but as of this month all hunters/non hunters can not bait deer in a surrounding 3 county area, because of this deer farm/"hunting" preserve's negligence. Instead of banning baiting i wish the DNR would've banned deer farms a long time ago, they are the only source of CWD in Eau Claire, Clark and Jackson counties in Wi.
gjersy is offline  
Old 08-29-2015, 07:24 AM
  #19  
Spike
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Park Falls Wis USA
Posts: 7
Default

Money for indemnity payments comes from sales of licences ,fishing and hunting. The dnr spent 32 million in 2006 and admitted the effort to stop cwd did not work,so where does that leave us now. 1999 testing began 233 tested no positives ,2002 38471 were tested 172 tested positive . If you keep testing they will find it. I agree deer farmers must be held accountable for there stock just like any other farmer. I agree banning baiting or urine is not the answer . Thanks for the welocome.
gunnysack2 is offline  
Old 08-29-2015, 10:21 AM
  #20  
Nontypical Buck
 
gjersy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 1,089
Default

From what i read on the subject, the money payed to these deer farms for compensation comes from federal tax dollars, the US Dept of Ag. The deer farm near Portage WI that had an extremely high % of CWD was actually bought by the state of Wisconsin in the aftermath! One thing we've learned from deer farms, is that where there is an un-naturally high concentration of deer, too many times there is CWD. I don't blame the DNR for banning baiting in my area, i blame the negligent deer farmer thats located in Eau Claire county 100%. The answer to this issue of spreading CWD is to ban deer farms, in my opinion it should've been done long ago.
gjersy is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.