Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Property story

Old 05-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Property story

Hey guys so my uncle just bought a piece of land in NY. Its about 2 hours from home here in VT. I just wanted to do a little Blog/Forum about what we are doing and plan on doing to this new property. We would also like any tips or ideas that you guys might have to help us make this property everything it can be. Well to begin this property is about 65 acres.New Property story-lmp.jpg

We were fortunate enough to already have a clearing for a food plot when we bought it. Its a natural gas pipeline clearing. This is The food plot before planting anything or doing anything to it besides mowing it.New Property story-img_0234.jpg
Just from mowing it we already have deer using it.New Property story-ek000028.jpg
We will be planting next weekend. Very excited to try to get something growing. We are going to be planting Antler Kings Redzone for the summer months. Then in Around august we are going to Put In Antler Kings Honey Hole and Slam Dunk. This is are first time ever experimenting with food plots. Been doing a lot of reading and been on a lot of forums getting help. Cant wait to see how it turns. We are going to have an elevated deer blind over the food plot. I actually built it from scrap panels left over from a timber frame house. It is very well insulated.New Property story-img_0290.jpg
New Property story-img_0289.jpg
Old 05-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

This is the platform the blind will sit on. New Property story-img_0292.jpgI also got some Stairs free of a job site so it will be very easy to get in and out of the blindNew Property story-img_0293.jpg
We are really hoping this food plot will help the deer through the winter and be a source of nutrition for them. The area we are hunting in doesn't have much for farm fields. We also hoping to get very good footage out of this blind for are little outdoor show/youtube show Island Boys Outdoors.
We Really have no idea what we have for deer on this property. We were able to set up a trail camera for a couple days last year when we where looking at buying it and this is the only buck we got on camera. New Property story-pict0005.jpg
The property was loaded with sign though. We found a ton of rubs and scrapes. We are Also still going to hunt some state land that is a short drive from the property. We got pictures of a very nice buck we call shortyNew Property story-img_0261.jpgNew Property story-img_0262.jpg We believe its the same deer not 100% sure on that tho.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

My uncle was over spraying the food plow last weekend with weed killer New Property story-img_0278.jpg We will be going back over this weekend to til and seed. I, very excited to get over and do this. Well I should say watch. I just had back surgery last week. I'm not aloud to pick up anything more then a milk jug. I am still going to go over and watch and pull SD cards. Also going to do a little filming of the process. I hope you guys have some helpful ideas and follow along with are property updates. If you want to check Island boy outdoors out you can at www.facebook.com/IslandBoysOutdoors