HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Property story
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 06:29 PM
RyanVT
Fork Horn

Default New Property story

Hey guys so my uncle just bought a piece of land in NY. Its about 2 hours from home here in VT. I just wanted to do a little Blog/Forum about what we are doing and plan on doing to this new property. We would also like any tips or ideas that you guys might have to help us make this property everything it can be. Well to begin this property is about 65 acres.Name:  LMP.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  19.4 KB

We were fortunate enough to already have a clearing for a food plot when we bought it. Its a natural gas pipeline clearing. This is The food plot before planting anything or doing anything to it besides mowing it.Name:  IMG_0234.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  93.3 KB
Just from mowing it we already have deer using it.Name:  EK000028.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  93.5 KB
We will be planting next weekend. Very excited to try to get something growing. We are going to be planting Antler Kings Redzone for the summer months. Then in Around august we are going to Put In Antler Kings Honey Hole and Slam Dunk. This is are first time ever experimenting with food plots. Been doing a lot of reading and been on a lot of forums getting help. Cant wait to see how it turns. We are going to have an elevated deer blind over the food plot. I actually built it from scrap panels left over from a timber frame house. It is very well insulated.Name:  IMG_0290.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  94.2 KB
Name:  IMG_0289.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  94.6 KB