Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Spring Deer Patterns

Old 04-08-2015, 01:56 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Saw 25 on the morning walk with the pup yesterday, Last evening we had 18 in the front yard. they seem very fat but the snow here didn't get all that deep this past winter and when we did get it it was late January. The worked the corn field over real well and were pawing up the green grass in the front yard too.
They are starting to shed but that has slowed down from what early March was as the temps have seemed to stabilize at the mid 40F to low 50F range.
I saw 19 this morning on our walk and they are allowing me to get with in 10 feet or so of them and then they just walk off, Not far as they are still working the left over acorns from last falls bumper crop.
Al
Wow, you really have the deer - Must be nice! I know about 20 years ago we had a lot more deer (before CWD mania). I remember back then when sometimes deer would come very close to you. Now, with smaller numbers (and more neighbors hunting), the deer sometimes bolt when you are a few hundred yards away! The DNR effectively cleaned them out in our area with excessive tags a few years back. Now, with virtually no does tags given last year up north by us and a very easy winter, we should have some better numbers.