Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question??

Old 10-13-2003, 08:44 AM

Default Question??

I belong to a club here in the Northeast and we own approx 225 acres. I' m wondering how I can attract deer to a spot where that I can keep hidden from other members. I' m wondering about small food plots in feet not acres. Do you think if I put down some no plow food in not so obvious ares deer would hang out in that area?? We have some fields, but they get alot of hunting pressure. I am looking to crate MY little honey hole. Any suggestions?

Thank You
Old 10-13-2003, 08:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Question??

Kinda greedy there Doug ,
the other members are paying too . Why not improve as much of it as possible so that everyone has a " honey hole" ?
Old 10-13-2003, 09:08 AM

No...Not greedy, but looking for a way to avoid 100 members hunting the same 3 acre field. I don' t think it' s greedy to want my own tree to sit in without 20 other people walking around.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:24 AM

100 members on 225 acres? Man, that' s tough hunting.

It' s going to be tough to get deer to stay put on a lot that small. I' d spend more time pre-season scouting than the rest of the members so you' ll have a better idea where deer will be moving through.

If all else fails you could tie one up and let it go come opening day! ;-' )
Old 10-13-2003, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that' s alot of pressure on 225 acres. You' d probably have better luck on public land....
Old 10-13-2003, 11:17 AM

no putting out no plow for a few feet will not work try baiting with corn
Old 10-13-2003, 11:19 AM

I am looking to crate MY little honey hole. Any suggestions?
Find another lease
Old 10-13-2003, 11:21 AM

Find a honeysuckle patch or a place where there is a couple of good sized white oaks close to some cover and fertilize the honey suckle or the oaks (around the drip line) now and again in the spring. You will make them produce more and be more succulent to the deer. Just remember, if you stink up the place too badly by over-hunting it they won' t hit it and you' ll think it doesn' t work.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' d also consider putting your stand on the edge of the lease, because with that many hunters, it' s unlikely that deer will make it in the middle of the 225 without being shot at or spooked by scent. Get em on the way in...
Old 10-13-2003, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' d find a funnel going off the 225 acres because that is where all the deer will be headed with all them people hunting. Please tell me you' ll don' t gun hunt this place, if you do, you need to be investing in bright orange bullet proof vest and pants and helmet.

Quick Reply: Question??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.