Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How old are these deer?

Old 12-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Spike

Default How old are these deer?

Put my camera in a spot that looked pretty well traveled. Ended up with 2500 pictures after 10 days with lots of nice gobblers and deer. Had quite a few Bucks and was just wondering about how old these are. They arent quite worth shooting just yet. Wondering if they got a few more years of growth left in them to maybe be one for the wall.

Deer #1:
1/2

2/2

Deer #2: Kinda scrawny looks fairly young.
1/2

2/2

Deer #3: Also another very young looking deer.
1/2

2/2

Seems Deer #1 isnt very friendly

Last edited by X_Rayted35; 12-09-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Spike

i swear they always fight when its not set to video. Immediately went back out and set it to video but of course they probably wont fight again. Oh well I guess an animated GIF is the best I will get to see.

via Imgflip GIF Maker
Old 12-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guessing ... 12-2 buck is probably 2 1/2. The 12-3 and 12-5 bucks ... 1 1/2. Antlerless .... looks like a yearling to me.