Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Finally got a Buck kill on video! Using the GoPro Hero 4 >

Finally got a Buck kill on video! Using the GoPro Hero 4

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Finally got a Buck kill on video! Using the GoPro Hero 4

Old 12-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Spike

Default Finally got a Buck kill on video! Using the GoPro Hero 4

http://youtu.be/E00r5asGNMU?list=UUG...oP6eRixCPSPa7w

I have 3 cameras set up on my tree stand. Main camera is the GoPro Hero 4, then a sj4000 ( this is a action cam from china for about 100 dollars) and then I try to use my hand held camera. It is a lot to work with, and have made mistakes in the past, but finally got a deer kill on video.
Hope you enjoy, and would love to hear back from others using a GoPro for hunting.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:47 AM
Spike

Nice buck.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

well done

It's not easy to get a kill on film I have several friends who it professionally..

what state are you hunting?
Old 12-09-2014, 06:23 AM
Spike

Minnesota.
Using a GoPro camera, you will get a smaller picture of your deer. But for your own memories, it is really nice because you will get the whole picture in case the deer comes in at a different angle. GoPro cameras are also tougher and can handle being tossed around in your hunting bag vs a regular video camera. I bought 2 extra batteries for mine, so anytime I see something,Ii hit record.
I take about 3 different kinds of cameras with me on my hunt. It makes the day go faster and you can share what you see in the woods with your family.
I have made the mistake of filming to much and not paying attention to other details, and I have missed opportunities of bigger bucks.
http://youtu.be/xMMBUpf8eW4
thanks for watching.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:40 AM
Spike

Great buck! Congrats. I have been trying to decide what video camera to get to film my hunts. I've been torn between the GoPro, or a small camcorder with zoom capability, like a panasonic 550HD. I wish the GoPro had some zoom built-in.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job man!! Self filming can be one of the hardest things to do! Good work!
Old 12-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Spike

Self filming is definitely difficult to do, but you did a really nice job with it and also with the editing! I like how you put the little target to show where the buck was. Great looking buck and definitely a great day in the stand!
Old 12-09-2014, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Great video,and nice Buck.