Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

So who is hunting this week

Old 11-26-2014, 04:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default So who is hunting this week

Who has this week off or at least the back half to hunt..

The wife and I are heading out Friday to hunt Friday eve thru Sunday.. Also need to pick up a deer at the cooler..

Should be a decent week in the S.E not too cold not to warm.

Last edited by ojibwa; 11-26-2014 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

I'll be out all 4 days this weekend. Time is running out to fill my bow tags before shotgun season starts.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:06 AM
Spike

I will be hunting the weekend in North Central Kansas.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be trying to fill an either sex whitetail tag in Eastern Colorado starting this weekend and into next week. I've never gone after whitetail before so It should be interesting. We're having some awesome weather in Colorado this week and I hope it holds through my trip.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by westernspeed
I'll be trying to fill an either sex whitetail tag in Eastern Colorado starting this weekend and into next week. I've never gone after whitetail before so It should be interesting. We're having some awesome weather in Colorado this week and I hope it holds through my trip.
you need to work on those whitetail out there, they are going to push your mule deer out..
Old 11-27-2014, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will be out Monday, our first day of rifle in PA, and hunt till I geterdone.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck to all who will be out there.. And be safe...
Old 11-27-2014, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

My freezer is full so this weekend is for family and friends.

As to this comment:
you need to work on those whitetail out there, they are going to push your mule deer out..
I seriously doubt it. Whitetails live on Eastern Plains of CO and the vast majority of them are found around the river bottoms. Very few whitetails are found in the mountainous areas of the state or on the western slope. Mulies live all over the state and those in the Eastern Plains are usually found out on the flats and not around the river bottoms. Which means the 2 species don't come in contact enough to cause one species to get "pushed" out.

I hunt Eastern CO a lot and I have found if I want a whitetail I go where they live and I see very few mulies there. If I want a mulie I go where they live and I see very few whitetails there. The overlapping range doesn't constitute a large area in a state like CO. Besides, whitetails have always lived in CO. They aren't a recent immigrant, they've been there as long as the rivers have flowed. After all, NE, KS, and OK all share borders with CO and there was never anything there to stop the whitetails from coming down the rivers bottoms into the state and the mulies sure didn't die out.

But then, what do I know? I'm only a 5th generation native of CO and my family has been there since before the Civil War and homesteaded and ranched in Eastern CO along the Republican River near Wray in Yuma County CO.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Still need a Whitetail buck. I was out again yesterday, and seen lots of does and one buck. Going again in the morning.
Old 11-28-2014, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Still have one tag left on my combo buck licensee season ends Sunday night. Seen a spike at 20 yards but was busted before I could geterdone. then seen to muck better bucks chasseing does out of my comfort range.

Muzzle loader season starts some where around the 5th of Dec. goes in this zone till the 21st. So have plenty of time.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.