Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ridge runner

Old 11-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ridge runner

I have some Sciroccos bonded 3006 150 gr.
@200 yards vel. is 2492 and 2069 ft. lbs.

Interlocks are 2386 in vel. and 1888 ft lbs.

So should I use the Sciroccos for what I want to do ?
Old 11-02-2014, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hatchie luvr

In your opinion can the sciroccos bonded be a compromise to the heavy weights ?

Vel. @200 yards is 2492 and 2069 in ft lbs

Interlocks @200 is 2386 vel. and 1888 in ft lbs
For 3006 150 gr.

I want to sight in today

Last edited by White Oak 06; 11-02-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

I ment to post a new thread for hatchie
Old 11-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you're making this more difficult than it needs to be. A lot of bullets will deliver very fast kills, and a lot of bullets will stick together while punching through bone. I personally would rather deliver a fast kill with a lighter built bullet to the vitals than worry about crippling deer by breaking their shoulders. Conversely, I'd honestly expect SLOWER kill from a harder bullet, they don't open as much and don't transfer as much energy/momentum to the game. To knock deer off of their feet "DRT," you need to dump a lot of energy very quickly - hard bullets won't do that. Deer just aren't that tough, so they don't offer enough resistance to expand harder pills and scrub off momentum - it just puts a deeper hole in the ground on the back side.

100fps and 200ft.lbs. difference will not matter in the least. Either will kill deer fast when placed right, as will a more frangible bullet like a Winchester 150grn BST. You've been posting a lot about this lately, and honestly, I feel like you're chasing your tail. You simply need to find an accurate load, not worry so much about maximizing your weight retention.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I think you're making this more difficult than it needs to be. A lot of bullets will deliver very fast kills, and a lot of bullets will stick together while punching through bone. I personally would rather deliver a fast kill with a lighter built bullet to the vitals than worry about crippling deer by breaking their shoulders. Conversely, I'd honestly expect SLOWER kill from a harder bullet, they don't open as much and don't transfer as much energy/momentum to the game. To knock deer off of their feet "DRT," you need to dump a lot of energy very quickly - hard bullets won't do that. Deer just aren't that tough, so they don't offer enough resistance to expand harder pills and scrub off momentum - it just puts a deeper hole in the ground on the back side.

100fps and 200ft.lbs. difference will not matter in the least. Either will kill deer fast when placed right, as will a more frangible bullet like a Winchester 150grn BST. You've been posting a lot about this lately, and honestly, I feel like you're chasing your tail. You simply need to find an accurate load, not worry so much about maximizing your weight retention.
What he said!
RR