Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How long until deer come to noisy feeder ? >

How long until deer come to noisy feeder ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How long until deer come to noisy feeder ?

Old 10-16-2014, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default How long until deer come to noisy feeder ?

I would like to put one out at the same place I've been hunting where I had a gravity feeder ? Thanks for any comments.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

once they get used to it they will come running at the sound of the feeder going off... not sure how long it takes.. my feeder goes off at 7:30am and I have pics at 7:35am feeder has been out a few months.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ojibwa
once they get used to it they will come running at the sound of the feeder going off... not sure how long it takes.. my feeder goes off at 7:30am and I have pics at 7:35am feeder has been out a few months.
Well, I guess when they get hungry enough they'll stop on by.

Will having it broad casted in tall grass be a problem ?

I have a cleared spot in some over growth and trees that divide two food plots with a ditch. I was contemplating putting it there so when they hear it go off and smell the apple corn ( which they really seem to like) it might make them curious and come check it out. Thanks !
Old 10-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Feeders where I hunt really haven't gave me any luck. Whether its a feeder going off at a specific time or a feeder I've made attached to a tree. Deer seem to be very skittish about them and I don't have as much activity as I normally would. Throwing corn all over the ground has given me more luck than feeders.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BrushyPines
Feeders where I hunt really haven't gave me any luck. Whether its a feeder going off at a specific time or a feeder I've made attached to a tree. Deer seem to be very skittish about them and I don't have as much activity as I normally would. Throwing corn all over the ground has given me more luck than feeders.
I've done gravity and throwing it. It has worked for me. Thanks for the chime!
Old 10-17-2014, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by White Oak 06
Will having it broad casted in tall grass be a problem ?
No. It won't take long and the deer (and other game that come to your feeder) will get the grass worked down anyway.

Originally Posted by BrushyPines
All about placement. Feeders aren't the "magic pill" that a lot of folks think they are, I've had experiences that moving a feeder a mere 20yrds made the difference between deer avoiding it to deer coming to it.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

A word of advice make sure your broadcast feeder or protein feeders are close to thick cover , more bucks will use them..