Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

newbe to huntingnet

Old 10-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Spike

Default newbe to huntingnet

I been most of my life and have a stand aprox 15 in tree surounded be by fur and spruce trees. It on looks a clearing of aprox 80yds.On one side is a boogy strip of soft woods, the other is 10 year old chopping. behind me to my right is ceder boog. I use baits and scents. My proplem is the last 2 years and now sence I bow hunt I hear a grocking sound and some branchs break around my stand but no animal comes out. I sure this is a deer but can't get a look at it so I need some help?
Old 10-15-2014, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

Well first off Welcome to the site

Now on your question, Do you use scent control? My best guess is that the deer are coming up behind you and gettin a sniff of what you are, and thats whats scaring them away. I would suggest Scent-Away Shampoo, Deoderent, and Dirt Scented Spray. All those can be bought at Wal-Mart.

Also, Do you call? A simple grunt may be all it takes to lure them into the clearing. I would suggest trying the Primos HardWood Grunter. It is my go to grunt, I love it.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like good advice to me....
Old 10-16-2014, 02:34 AM
Spike

I think your right I will wash up again. iwill try to get the caller