Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

When is your season

Old 10-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default When is your season

When do yalls Deer Season kick off? Gets started November 15 in Missouri. Regular Rifle Nov. 15-25. Antlerless Nov. 26-Dec. 7. MuzzleLoader Dec. 20-30.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Normally, i'd be hunting for mule deer in muzzleloader season. That's in mid Sept. If not it would be using the muzzy during rifle seasons in Oct-early Nov.

However, this year the DOW is offering a special whitetail tag. Some whitetails have moved off the eastern plains of Colorado to the mountains. The DOW doesn't want then cross breeding with the mule deer, so are offering new tags for certain units in western Colorado. They made it tempting by offering OTC tags from mid Nov to all of Dec. Normally, we only get 9 days for a hunt. The whitetail hunt is a 1 1/2 months. Plus, our deer tags are all draw, and hard to get unless you have some points. So, an OTC deer tag is unheard of here. On top of tht you can buy two tags, and they're either sex tags too.

So, i'll be buying a whitetail tag this year. I know where a couple of then hang out by the river. Both are does though. I've never seen a whitetail buck around here. It helps conservation, and is meat in the freezer, so why not?
Old 10-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Bow sept 13th to Oct 10th

M/L Oct 11th to Oct 17th also called primitive weapons season so I still hunt with my bow

Rifle Oct 18th to Jan 1st in northern zone... runs to the 15th in the southern zone Hunt with my bow during rifle as well

ext archery runs till Jan 31st in select metro ATL counties..
Old 10-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

October 3rd in PA for archery. Goes until around mid-November. Then rifle starts December 1st. Buck only for the 1st week where we hunt. Doe and buck the 2nd week. Then it's over until after Christmas.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Archery state wide Oct 1ast. to Nov 14th doe tag required and can be used all season.
Fire arm Nov 15th to the 30th, Muzzle loader starts second week of Dec depending on zone when it ends, Longest goes to the end of Dec. Like archery doe tag required and can be filled any time. Some Deer manage units have no doe season at all, Wolf infested areas.

Al
Old 10-15-2014, 03:20 AM
Spike

Archery is open here in Ontario Canada. That began oct1. Are controlled deer hunt opens for one week first week of Nov. Then closes until first week of Dec. Then back to archery.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:40 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

New York archery started Oct. 1st. gun the middle of Nov.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Here in west TN: Bows been open since last Sat in Sept.
juvie gun is next wknd. (Last wknd Oct)
Bow reopens & runs til day b4 mzl loader.
Muzzleloader is 2wks mid Nov.
Gun always opens Sat b4 Thanksgiving & runs til 1st wknd of Jan.
juvie 2nd gun the next wknd of Jan after gun.

Then that's it til next fall! Nov, especially mid (muzzleloader) is THE EL-SUPREMO TIME. Don't bother calling then because I won't be around!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ala. in the Zone I hunt - Deer .... Archery or spear Oct. 15 Modern gun always opens Saturday before Thanksgiving. A "special" Muzzle Loader period coinciding with 5 days of the archey only time .... the Monday through Friday before modern gun opening on Saturday. Limits: 1 doe a day. Three bucks/season one of which has to have at least 4 points on one side.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HatchieLuvr
Here in west TN
Love west TN especially the area around Paris I used to own land up that way.. I just sold some down near Clifton as well Good deer in West TN.. The non-res license for 3 family members was a killer though..