Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
this is why I hate hunting in warm weather >

this is why I hate hunting in warm weather

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

this is why I hate hunting in warm weather

Old 09-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MaineRida
Resend of the Pic, heading out to the stand... (always heard if the head is wider than the body it is not a good snake, but this is from an area with non-poisonous snakes)

Attachment 31471

When I select the pic it gets larger...
IMO, a 'good snake' is a dead snake!
Old 09-21-2015, 12:59 AM
Typical Buck

It's not fun hunting in warm weather. The 19th was opening day for bow season in Saint Augustine, Florida. The morning was actually pretty nice around 70. The evening is not fun. Sweating non stop for the most part. Think it was 88+ degrees at 545pm when I climbed up. I usually bring a extra shirt to change after about 45 minutes of sitting. I did get my first Florida buck though on the 19th at 720 pm. Check out my post.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gjersy
Try getting your nose blistering up and turning black because of the cold.
Every place has a different set of challenges, unique to that locale. I bet some Alaskan members would like to be in your position.
We all hunt conditions most people wouldn't want to get out of bed for. A toast to members future success.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup some places have blistering cold, some have blistering heat. Think I would enjoy some of the cold while hunting versus all the skeeters/ gnats for most of the season. All I hear most days in the woods is bzzzzz, bzzzzzz, bzzzzzz.

Looks like a juvenile rat snake but we also have pygmy rattlers here and have seen a few with a lighter shade of red so I wont take any chances this time of the year. Snakes are all moving around and trying to get some sun in the daytime.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Every place has a different set of challenges, unique to that locale. I bet some Alaskan members would like to be in your position.
We all hunt conditions most people wouldn't want to get out of bed for. A toast to members future success.
Can't agree more Great success to all,

Cheers!
Old 09-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Pretty sure frost bite is the same everywhere, lol
Old 09-22-2015, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Talking

Originally Posted by gjersy
Pretty sure frost bite is the same everywhere, lol
I'll take Florida frost bite
Old 09-22-2015, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MaineRida
I'll take Florida frost bite
I think i will too
Old 09-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

Back to the original post about the warm weather promoting snakes, everything I read says wear snake proof boots and gloves. Are these standard gloves or is everyone wearing elbow length special snake handling gloves?
Old 09-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Spike

Check out my trapping channel. I trap everything from coyotes to beavers!
Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBY...J_6D7yw/videos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.