Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
this is why I hate hunting in warm weather >

this is why I hate hunting in warm weather

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

this is why I hate hunting in warm weather

Old 09-20-2015, 03:15 AM
Fork Horn

I won't quit hunting but my wife will be shaking her head when my snake proof body suit arrives, I hope it's breathable;-)
Old 09-20-2015, 03:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Looks like a rat snake. Juvenile yellow rat to be exact. Not 100% sure because I can't see it all that well. (Old eyes, small pic, not close enough)
Yep that's what it is. Same thing at our FL house when we first got it. Previous owner left a 20# propane tank on the patio. Wife lifted it up to move it and did her famous "high kick two step" screeching snake! I walked over and laughed. A little rat snake about 8" long. I just picked him up and tossed him out the screen door. The first week there we saw 5 different snakes. Mostly black racers. Good for keeping rodents and rattlers away. Our neighbor told me that there are pygmy rattlers around and to poke around the bushes before you stick your hand in them.
But here in PA we have timber rattlers and those sneaky copperheads.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bronko, we have pygmy rattlers as well in the western part of the state. Never seen one, they are on the endangered list.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love the few weeks of warm weather we get?! I hate frostbite! It hurts, plus pieces of your body falls off. Cold kills!
Old 09-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try hunting in -30
Old 09-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to kill a few venomous snakes to be warm while hunting the late season lol!
Old 09-20-2015, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

gjersy, step on a copperhead and have to clean up the mess that I guarantee will result and you will change that tune quickly Don't ask me how I know that Let's just leave it at "been there done that".
Old 09-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
gjersy, step on a copperhead and have to clean up the mess that I guarantee will result and you will change that tune quickly Don't ask me how I know that Let's just leave it at "been there done that".
I got bit by a Massasauga Rattler while picking Bluberries in a moss marsh, it felt like a Whole Bees nest stinging me, it hurt bad!! But when I had my nose frost bit off it was way worse, the pain is still with me every cold windy day
Old 09-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try getting your nose blistering up and turning black because of the cold.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

When I was in my teens, we would Hunt the Maine winter with uninsulated work boots though an extra pair of sox, jeans and a pair of long johns, and a wool jacket (red or green plaid). Nights near zero and days in the teens are not uncommon. Had better gear after 8 years USMC, had wool britches and pack boots.

Now you can give me all the hand warmers, foot warmers, best jackets and the same temps are more difficult to endure. I am really liking the oct bow season, frost at night but 50's during the day.

I'll learn to deal with the snakes if it keeps me out of a month of zero hunting weather!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.