Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Digital Deer Camera Help...... >

Digital Deer Camera Help......

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Digital Deer Camera Help......

Old 10-08-2003, 08:21 AM

Default Digital Deer Camera Help......

I made a previous post re: a new deer cam, but how about a digital camera? I am considering going ahead & getting one of those so I could selectively decide which pics to develop & also email pics easier.

Can anyone recommend a good digital & tell me how much I should expect to sepnd?
Old 10-08-2003, 11:42 AM

Default RE: Digital Deer Camera Help......

Although I can not be of much help with picking a kind or brand, I will say I think you would be wise to go digital. We have 3 35mm type cameras out and by the time you pay for batteries and film and developing I know we have more invested in these this year than we would have if we bought one of the more expensive digital kind.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:02 AM

Thanks SW Iowa! I agree that you are likely correct about the expense.

Does anyone have a camera they can recommend as far as digital? Thanks again.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:51 AM

I use a trailmac digital and have had pretty good results. Camtrakker and others also make digitals. After using the digital it is almost torture to use film again. The money saved on film and prosessing adds up fast. Most commercially made digitals are from $500 to $650. Some are less but if you want pictures to print off you would want a 2 MP camera at least, the cheaper ones are well under that, except for some homemade ones. My trailmac has a 2 mp olympus camera that takes good pics and the batteries last months not weeks.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:01 PM

Do they make digital camera' s in color ??? I wont buy one till it comes in color.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:14 PM

Yes there are several brands that come in color. The ones that are black and white are usually the ones with the infrared flash. TrailMAC and camtrakker use olympus D-380 or D-390 cameras that take color pics. These cams are also popular for those that make them at home.