Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Great way to get your knives RAZOR Sharp! >

Great way to get your knives RAZOR Sharp!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Great way to get your knives RAZOR Sharp!

Old 06-29-2014, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Great way to get your knives RAZOR Sharp!

Had to make a video of this. You guys ever fight with dull knives? Hate what a steel does to a blade or those little carbide sharpeners? Check this out. Razor sharp blades on all your knives for not much invested in equipment. (and no, I'm not selling anything Haha.) If you do this BE CAREFUL with those knives!!!!

http://youtu.be/Ptspof6CXOg
Old 06-29-2014, 10:44 AM
MZS
Typical Buck

Great video! I might get one of these sanders and give this a try. I have used a large belt sander with course paper for my splitting maul or paint scrapers, but never for knives. But with fine paper and a leather belt, I could see this working nicely. Is there an exact angle? 20 degrees exactly?
Old 06-29-2014, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Takes me a long time but a stone and lots of time works.
Practice is key.
Old 07-12-2014, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ha, it works

But I spent too much time learning to use tri-stones to change. Besides it's now a hobby of mine. Everything from hunting knives, fishing knives, paring knives, Thanksgiving turkey carving knife.
Never did get around to buying a $30 belt sander and $30 worth of belts. Stones last a long time.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got a Lansky system years ago. It makes my knives so sharp they are almost scary! I'll stick with it.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like my hard and soft Arkansas stones.