Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

i think i' m gonna use a map

Old 10-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default i think i' m gonna use a map

I' m gonna be hunting about two hundred to three hundred unpressured public hunting grounds in northern wisconsin this november. It' s got some serious potential for a safehaven once the season starts. A lot of swamp and lowlands. Plus manny sappling groves. I would like to get a look at more of the terrain and the way the layout dictates the deer movement. And like i said, it' s huge and untouched. Since it all looks the same after you leave the road, i need good map. Plus i have an intention to hunt it in years to come if my suspicions are correct. Up to this point in time i have never hunted a pice of ground that i havent grown up on. So my question is this, where would i go about getting a good reliable topographical/aerial photo map of this area. I have checked some online sites but would like some reassurance before i purchase a piece of paper that could get me lost as a dog. Thanks
ak
Old 10-02-2003, 07:39 PM

Default RE: i think i' m gonna use a map

I would suggest you check your Department of Natrual Resources, and repitable lands and servay company or a local air field.

Hope you find what you are looking for sounds like a GPS could be hand too.

Good luck!
Old 10-02-2003, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The piece of paper is not going to get you lost, not knowing how to use it in conjunction with a compass or a gps will tho. Most country stores or gunshops sell USGS 1:24,000 map sheets, you might check around in your area.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:14 PM

http://www.landnetusa.com

Also recommend learning to read a compass.....