Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Boots

Old 01-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I got mine I believe they were normally almost $200 and I got them on a clearance sale on line at Cabelas for $109 plus tax.
Online sales may work, but as has been mentioned, if they don't fit it can be a pain to deal with... It would pay to go to a local store and try them on first.

In my area the trouble with waiting for the local stores to put their boots on sale is that when they finally do all you can find is the odd sizes that not many wear. I can rarely find my size in boots (10 1/2) at local Spring sales.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my "mickey mouse" military surplus boots for extreme cold sits.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Spike

Again, thank you for the replies. It seems that I have narrowed it down to the Irish Setter or the Cabela's Inferno.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on your style of hunting. Are these boots for still hunting or stand hunting? Do you have long treks to your stand? Etc.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Boots

[I love my "mickey mouse" military surplus boots for extreme cold sits.[/QUOTE]

Do they keep your feet and toes warm at -20 deg in a deer stand?
Old 01-29-2014, 06:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by 7.62NATO
Depends on your style of hunting. Are these boots for still hunting or stand hunting? Do you have long treks to your stand? Etc.
I will mainly be using them for all-day still hunting.

Last edited by dhman; 01-29-2014 at 06:31 PM. Reason: With minimal distances walked
Old 01-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Spike

I have had a pair of rocky boots for 3 yrs now I only wear them for hunting and shoveling snow they keep my feet dry and relatively warm my toes at some point end up getting cold but Im not sure if its from the cold or my diabetes I will say I like them
Old 01-31-2014, 01:48 PM
Spike

I have a pair of Cabela's Inferno boots and Muck Boots Woody Elite. With the Muck Boots, my feet do get cold sometimes later on in the season here in Michigan. Overall I love the Muck Boots, because water is not a problem as long as it isn't over the top of the boot. I wear my Infernos for late season deer hunting and ice fishing. I've had them 2 years and I love them. My feet stay very warm most of the time. My feet did get slightly cold last week when ice fishing with them. It was -3 with a windchill of around -30, so everything was cold though. Just the other day I did have the top eyelet pop out of one boot but it should be an easy fix. I've had them for 2 years now and that's the first issue I've had.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:07 PM
Spike

Thank you for the replies. I guess now it all depends on which boot I can get a good price on.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:50 AM
Spike

Bought a pair of cabelas by meindl 800 gram I wear a pair of regular shocks with a thick pair over them hunted in 5 degree weather seemed to work good for me cause my toes always got cold before with my Rocky's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.