Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
A bid to the last of Illinois deer season. >

A bid to the last of Illinois deer season.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A bid to the last of Illinois deer season.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A bid to the last of Illinois deer season.

Well, wrapped up the last of the deer season tonight with just a beautiful sunset and really nice temps!!! Temps were in the mid upper 40's or just a bit over and made for a really pretty last afternoon out. Nothing harvested, nothing to drag out.
Had a rather eventful night last night. Parked at usual place last night, landowners neighbors end of driveway by his barn. Done it a million times before, no problem. Go down and get up in stand, playing the wind. About 1:30pm. All along about 45 minutes later, a barrge of rounds start blasting away!!!!!!! I just about bail out of my 20ft perch like a scolded squirrel!!!!!! As I am leaning around the tree almost blowing my huggies off trying to get around the tree, I kinda notice that I am not hearing the zinging, pinging of ricochets, whining of rounds. I then notice that the rounds are not coming my way. I pull out my bino's and look through the trees and see a group about 100yds away by his barn blastin away into the ravine about 150yds from me. BOY does that sound carry down in the timber when its cold and quiet!!!!!!! So I wait to see if they just happen to push something my way from their impromptu Schuetzenfest, nope!! So after about a half hour of blasting, I crawl down and go to another stand on the other side of the place. Again nothing. I spoke to him tonight and he appologized for this, not knowing I was there for they went out one side of the house and I was parked on the other side. I didn't know he had a shooting range there. Now I do!!!!!! Thank god my stand wasn't closer!!!!