Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

remington enfield?

Old 12-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bbj270
If the triggers are dangerous then why haven't they recalled them. Just the older rifles for the safeties for unloading them on fire,not the triggers. If they replace the trigger it is and old type trigger with the new safety not the new mark x trigger. I call remington today to find out.

***Because it would have to be a voluntary recall that they've been asked to do a number of times over the years and they won't do it. It's much much cheaper to settle cases out of court than doing a recall now. I believe I remember in my readings that they did have a partial recall at one time, but it was poorly done and IMO was probably not publicized because they would have really spent a lot of money. If they were forced to now with the millions of old ones still out there, it would probably bankrupt them. Believe it or not, there is no Government Agency in the US that has jurisdiction or that can force a recall on firearms!!! You would think at least the ATF would, but firearm safety defects like we're talking about isn't under them either.