Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Advice

Old 12-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Spike

Default Advice

Hey y'all my name is Dakota Trumbo, and I'm hunting in central kentucky. I guess my question is do any of y'all have problems seeing much movement after a big storm the night before you go hunting? Thanks for any help, and happy hunting.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Typical Buck

A storm whether it be rain or snow screwes up a deers sense of smell so they tend to be less mobil,just my experiance.unless the rut is on then all bets are off
Old 12-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Spike

Ok, because the farm that I hunt always seems be deer about but we jus had a storm last night, and I've been out here sitting for about 3 hours and so far I've not seen anything. Thanks skinner
Old 12-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

This time of year deer are going to be moving a lot less and right after daylight and right before dark will be the times you are more than likely to see deer. Durin the rut is when you will want to be out from daylight until dark if you can do it.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Trumbo deer hunter
Ok, because the farm that I hunt always seems be deer about but we jus had a storm last night, and I've been out here sitting for about 3 hours and so far I've not seen anything. Thanks skinner
It depends on the area and the time of day like TG said. IME - If deer are down bedded when it rains, they tend to stay bedded longer. Try again in afternoon.

Last edited by RaySendero; 12-22-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

A big storm the night before I hunt is ideal.
Provided it clears out before daylight.
Where I hunt that means the deer activity goes into high gear.