Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Help with Neighbor Problems

Old 12-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
To all here who poo poo the property owners rights.

Go buy some land, pay the note on it for years till it's finally yours free and clear, pay the taxes on it, put your sweat into keeping it up, then tell us about how property owners are too possessive over their little patches of dirt.
I did, I have, I do, and I do..

I just don't find it to be a big deal if someone is following a blood trail through my little patch of happiness..
So long as that's all they're doing, I do not find it offensive.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Murby
Please be sure to read the entire thread if you have not already because I wholeheartedly agree with you. I just think that people have extreme attitudes where none are needed.

Since when does the game warden have the authority to over-ride a land owners rights? That's something I'm not familiar with..
Or are you suggesting the game warden got the owners permission somehow?

Again.. I agree completely... but lets think outside the box for second. You're 300 miles from home on state land in the middle of no-where-ville and your deer runs 50 yards into land you're not sure is state land or not... Your only clue is a 40 year old, mostly broken down, rusted out, old barbed wire fence... Now what?

Everything comes down to respect.. this is why these people get so uptight about simple and mundane violations. They take it personally as an attack on their domain..
Although, in all fairness, I guess sometimes it is.. but that's not the point.

Too bad no one has invented IDIOT detectors... Kind of makes a case for gun control when you hear these stories. My guess is that anyone who would shoot someone who is trespassing has had other mental and aggression issues in their life that should have been parsed before anyone let them own a firearm.
seriously......seriously.....?

exactly how much fun do you have arguing? this is ridiculous. this site is a place to gain knowledge and exchange info. Even share a success or two. You are doing none of that. Nor are you adding to the conversations. Instead you choose to sit here, pick apart every little thing, attempt to appear more intelligent than others (btw, intelligent people don't rely on the same key words over and over to get their point across. They tend to have a more diverse vocabulary arsenal. care to "extrapolate" that? They also tend not to get so defensive and resort to personal attacks when given an opinion of the opposite stance.) and you appear to rather enjoy doing all this. So much so that you have amassed almost 200 posts in 2 months.

C'mon man. This is a hunting forum. Put down the smart phone, shut down the computer. Go grab a rifle, shotgun, bow, hell- grab a spear; and go out and do some hunting. Some time out in the great outdoors might make you a little less hostile to everyone else. Nature does great things for the soul.

That is all.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That last post by Murby takes the cake when he now is accusing me with not getting along with my neighbors, LOL!
Hey TOP, is this guy something else or what? First he accuses me of being a teenager despite the fact that my Avatar shows me in a Chief's uniform with 6 gold hashmarks! Now he says you don't get along with your neighbors!

BAD TOP, BAD! LOL By the way, how many forums do we talk on? Is it 3 or 4 now?

I backed out of this because I knew if this fool was given enough rope he would hang himself with his ludicrous stance. Now look at him:

Swinging in the wind while the rest beat the heck out of him with his own words!

I LOVE IT
Old 12-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by flags
Hey TOP, is this guy something else or what? First he accuses me of being a teenager despite the fact that my Avatar shows me in a Chief's uniform with 6 gold hashmarks! Now he says you don't get along with your neighbors!

BAD TOP, BAD! LOL By the way, how many forums do we talk on? Is it 3 or 4 now?

I backed out of this because I knew if this fool was given enough rope he would hang himself with his ludicrous stance. Now look at him:

Swinging in the wind while the rest beat the heck out of him with his own words!

I LOVE IT
I find it hard to believe that 25 years of military service did absolutely nothing for your level of maturity.

You know, you're not the only person who has been in the military. While I don't make a habit of bragging about my service, I am well aware of how service personal conduct themselves. The training and habits tend to stick to you long after you leave. To that end, I can say that listening to your name calling and the way you handle yourself makes be believe you're one of those military service fakers.

You can't defend your side of an argument without resorting to personal attacks.. Not a very good example that's for sure.

Regardless of who's right or wrong, if I behaved like you do, I'd be ashamed of myself.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Then I guess things aren't what they seem... I'm just trying to point out that its not the crime of the century and people shouldn't get their panties bunched up over it.. That is of course, unless the trespasser is up to no good.

Yup.. here too... We also have a speed limit of 70mph on the highways.. at 71mph, you're breaking the law..

In a perfect world with a sterile bubble in your little corner, that might be a great idea... But we don't live in that bubble.. Ok, I guess some people think they do, but reality is different.
Oh, and I should point out that if its "a neighbor", then yes, you should already have permission.. In fact, you should have a relationship with them that transcends needing explicit permission.

Right! You go ahead and do that and let me know what happens ok?
I'll bet money the trespasser goes home with his deer and that's the end of it.
Game Wardens are not your personal hit squad when someone wrongs you unintentionally in a minor way. And I stress the word unintentionally meaning that they're just there to recover their kill. Not hunting, not casually strolling around to see what you have.. but actively following a blood trail...

I can't count the number of times I have seen people call the police on a neighbor trespassing for one reason or another... And in all cases where no damage or malicious act was committed, did I ever see anyone get arrested or ticketed.
Game wardens have important duties.... placating an unreasonable land owner is not among them. (And yes, I am a land owner myself who is surrounded by corn fields and forested areas in a very low density populated area)

I literally find it comical at how possessive, protective and down right zealous you folks are about your little pieces of dirt...
Getting all worked up over something so mundane and inconsequential as another person being on your property..

It makes me wonder if people are like that because they have nothing else in their life that is important.

Let me repeat,,,

And people wonder why there are so many nightmare neighbors these days...
You can take any attitude you want... its your land for sure.. I'd bet money that you have one more more neighbors that are always a problem for you.. Trust me, its not them who is the problem.. its you that are a problem for them. And yes, you have every right to be that problem if you wish.

I've been friends with every neighbor I have ever lived near my entire life... and the neighbors next to them, and usually the neighbors next to those...

But to each his own... Good luck with your attitude... You certainly have every right to it.
Murby......You really don't get it do you....
"unless the trespasser is up to no good"....
If someone is TRESPASSING they are ALREADY breaking the law and I see them as up to NO GOOD....
I'v talked to all the neighbors that border my property and we all gave each other permission to retrieve a deer if it crosses the boundary line..
And here in Virginia a Game Warden is the person you SHOULD CALL if your having problems with ANYONE about hunting......that's what they are there for ....it's their job....just ask one sometime....
And a Game Warden here in Virginia DOESN'T need permission to go on ANYONES land....they can go at will and there's nothing to stop them....that's HOW they catch the bad guys...UNANNOUNCED ....
And yes I AM very protective of my property.....notice the word MY....it doesn't belong to anyone else and they have no right to be on it WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.....that's why I have so many NO TRESPASSING signs up....
I'm just glad YOUR NOT MY NEIGHBOR ....I don't think we would get along......

Last edited by brewman555; 12-02-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

I find it hard to believe that 25 years of military service did absolutely nothing for your level of maturity.

You know, you're not the only person who has been in the military. While I don't make a habit of bragging about my service, I am well aware of how service personal conduct themselves. The training and habits tend to stick to you long after you leave. To that end, I can say that listening to your name calling and the way you handle yourself makes be believe you're one of those military service fakers.

You can't defend your side of an argument without resorting to personal attacks.. Not a very good example that's for sure.

Regardless of who's right or wrong, if I behaved like you do, I'd be ashamed of myself.
***So now you're a clairvoyant and not only am I a lousy neighbor, but FLAGS is just faking that he's in the service, LOL! You are a friggin joke and should be the one that's ashamed of himself the way you're posting on this site just to argue. I hope nobody else responds to any of your posts because you appear to just be on this site to be a trouble maker and will take no advice from any of the senior members. I know I'm done with you and I hope everyone else that has read your posts does the same thing! PS: I did three years in the Army Vet Corp during the Viet Nam War, but I guess that was also a figment of my imagination and I'm a "military service faker" too!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-02-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

MOST people will say yes, you can get your deer. If you have an issue where the property owner denies you access, get the Game Warden.
In OK the game warden cannot help you. There is a moral here. If you shoot a deer near your property line make sure it dies on your side of the fence.

OK had a law that allowed "farmers" to trespass on the property of others while "looking for their livestock". When caught trespassing such farmers were always armed with a hunting rifle to "protect themselves from the wild hogs".

After many years of complaints that law was changed by the OK legislature a few years ago. Now farmers "looking for their livestock" must obtain permission before entering the property of others.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Never seen a trespasser yet that wasn't up to no good, HUNTING ON LAND THEY DON'T HAVE PERMISSION TO.

If you can't Afford a Modern GPS that has a chip for property lines then at least visit the local County Clerks office and look at a plat book of the area you want to hunt. they all have the land owners name on the parcel Except maybe those little tiny lots in Detroit.
Then if you are hunting some ones private property with permission make sure they show you their boundary lines.

Last years late bow season which I don't hunt My wife called to me that some one was out messing around my pole barn in the back yard. I went out there and here is this camo clad clown with a bow. Said he had shot a deer and wanted permission to track it. YA I BET IT HID IN MY POLE BARN. I ******ed him off the place told him that the sheriff would have his picture before the day was over so not to be surprised when they pulled him over on the road.

Turns out he had indeed shot a deer a 1/2 mile down the road and had trespassed right past a couple of my neighbor's places and also by some of my signs too.
He was around my barn because that is the first building he was near I figure.
Never the less I swore out a complaint of trespassing and then went to court when he felt he could fight it and win. but lost because I DID show up.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 12-02-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:51 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by falcon
In OK the game warden cannot help you. There is a moral here. If you shoot a deer near your property line make sure it dies on your side of the fence.

OK had a law that allowed "farmers" to trespass on the property of others while "looking for their livestock". When caught trespassing such farmers were always armed with a hunting rifle to "protect themselves from the wild hogs".

After many years of complaints that law was changed by the OK legislature a few years ago. Now farmers "looking for their livestock" must obtain permission before entering the property of others.
Really? Here in PA if your kill runs onto someone else's property and the property owner won't let you get your deer, the Game Warden will step in. The Game Warden I spoke to also mentioned that the local police can be called in a pinch if the Warden isn't available.

Thats crazy in OK! I guess its for a good reason though. Scumbag hunters who wander the land with a sense of entitlement ruin it for everyone.

Originally Posted by NebBuckHunter
Put down the smart phone, shut down the computer. Go grab a rifle, shotgun, bow, hell- grab a spear; and go out and do some hunting.
Anyone know when Spear Season comes in? I just got done hand knapping a broadhead and I'm itching to use it!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

You know, you're not the only person who has been in the military. While I don't make a habit of bragging about my service
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, more drivel from the Class Clown.

By the way MURBY, the only reason I mentioned my military experience was in response to this "gem" you posted: you are a youngster in your teens or twenties who has more testosterone than brains at this young point in your life. Do you not remember writing that idiotic statement? Didn't you notice my Avatar? It is exactly 2 inches to the left right now, take a glance at it. Or was that something you simply overlooked? Inquiring minds want to know. Oh, and if you don't think that is me, I'll PM you the big version and you can compare the face to the 52 photos I have in my photo album on this site.

Additionally, you might want to ease up on that whole concept of "forced"/"need"/want"/"feel compelled" trespassing. Wouldn't want you to end up on GOOGLE NEWS would we? That was a really dumb statement you made by the way.

You really don't have a clue just how foolish you look right now do you? Were you born this goofy or did you actually have to work at it? Either way, congratulation, you sure got there in style!

Plus, making observations about the posts you make doesn't quite constitute a "personal attack" to most grown men. But then, I've got a feelin' you're a little "thin skinned" ain't ya? Like we say in the Chief's Mess, Anchor up or go home.I'll say one thing for ya, you're sure good for a laugh!

Last edited by flags; 12-02-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.