Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need help

Old 11-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

I concur with Messrs. Bullcamp and Culwell: get out there and HUNT. Different times, different places.

Activity is going to pick up here in the next few days, and he'll make his mistake; hopefully that's when you'll make your move

Nothing's certain here, except that you can't hunt him from your couch...that's why we call it "hunting", not "killing"!

Get out there and hunt his butt.

You'll learn a lot even if you don't kill him, and you're bound to have fun.

If you shoot him, it'll be a real highlight.

Good luck!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Grawlix
I concur with Messrs. Bullcamp and Culwell: get out there and HUNT. Different times, different places.

Activity is going to pick up here in the next few days, and he'll make his mistake; hopefully that's when you'll make your move

Nothing's certain here, except that you can't hunt him from your couch...that's why we call it "hunting", not "killing"!

Get out there and hunt his butt.

You'll learn a lot even if you don't kill him, and you're bound to have fun.

If you shoot him, it'll be a real highlight.

Good luck!
I appreciate the support guys! The rut is suppose to be picking up in the next week or so here in North Carolina so hopefully that will get the deer on their feet and moving.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:25 AM
Typical Buck

Think how tough it is to be a buck. The girls only give it up for a few weeks every year so during those few weeks you have to be on the move all the time getting what you can when you can.
And during those same few weeks you have guys with guns all over the place trying to kill you while you are running around with booty on your mind. Yet they do succeed in getting enough of the girls pregnant to ensure a good crop of fawns for the next year.

No wonder they look so stressed out by the end of the rut.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

I have never had good hunting during a full moon. The deer can see to well at night and become almost exclusively nocturnal. I know people say it is the best hunting, but not in my experience. Nice thiung about the moon is that it changes rather quickly. Next couple weeks should be good.

Depends on your season, but when gun season ends here in Micihgan, Muzzleloader starts 6 days after. That is when I really start seeing deer. Cold weather, impending snow storms and new moons.

Also, people get caught up in the killing and score of a buck. You are in the woods hunting and not at work. That is the joy. Once you kill him, the work starts. Try and enjoy the woods, your health and everything around you. You will be surprised how often they start to show up when you really enjoy every part of yoru surroundings.