Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Human urine and deer

Old 11-20-2013, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

My bigger bucks have been on vacation since I shot the big 8 saturday but this deer I havent seen before moved in last night. This camera is about 40 yards from the pee scrape camera.. We will see if he starts showing any interest in the scrape.
Attached Thumbnails Human urine and deer-newbuck.jpg  
Old 11-20-2013, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Hmmm, That's extremely weird that human urine is working.

That might be why this doe is in the same area I took a leek in while hunting and walking around.
Attached Thumbnails Human urine and deer-wgi_0003-001.jpg  
Old 11-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter
Hmmm, That's extremely weird that human urine is working.

That might be why this doe is in the same area I took a leek in while hunting and walking around.
Whitetails are odd that way. I've seen them come right in and investigate the source of bobcat trapping scent.
Muleys not so much.

Here's a science project for you. Take a crap in a scrape that has been actively used by a buck and report back on the results. We all might learn a new trick or two from that one.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a science project for you. Take a crap in a scrape that has been actively used by a buck and report back on the results. We all might learn a new trick or two from that one.[/QUOTE]

HAHA! I have left a dump in the morning before, and had deer investigate within an hour! It was one of those on you all of a sudden ones, and I didn't have time to get more than 50 yards from my stand. Two does, and a six point were so infatuated with it...the does sniffed at it for a good 2-3 minutes. They didn't confuse it with food, luckily.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

This thread is getting strange.

But funny !!!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

My uncle and brother in law both shot there very first bucks after doing number 2 in the woods. I don't mind peeing in the scrape but Im not going to do anything else in it haha.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kenified06
My uncle and brother in law both shot there very first bucks after doing number 2 in the woods. I don't mind peeing in the scrape but Im not going to do anything else in it haha.
Come on man, take one for the team (no pun) in the name of research and higher learning.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

I got onto this board to learn something, and I really am!

Deer are just about as curious as they are paranoid, I guess.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Well we've covered peeing and pooping. After we get through with spitting, this threads gonna get REAL interesting!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Ok I have jumped up on the band wagon, I have created a fake scrape and I peed on it, I have my trail camera down there running right now as I type this.

Anyways I'll find out what the results are in the next couple of days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.