Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Human urine and deer

Old 11-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Human urine and deer

I've been seeing a lot of posts from various sites about people making there own scrapes and then peeing in them with great results. What I haven't seen is any evidence to back this up. Some even go as far as to say that human urine works way better than doe estrus lure and every other lure on the market. Tomorrow It's going to be really windy here in VA so instead of hunting I am going to go make my own scrapes and pee in them. I will place cameras on these scrapes and will post the results after a few days. I have a lot of bucks on my property so I should be able to get a definite answer on whether or not this actually works "Here in VA anyways"..
Old 11-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never seen deer react one way or another to human pee. I'm guessing that any hormones that would attract a buck in doe pee wouldn't be present in human pee. I would think that any attraction would be just curiosity.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have started scrapes with my own pee and put trail cams over them. Got bucks the first night.

Personally, I think real human pee beats old, bottled deer urine.

There's lots of pee in the woods. Deer, bear, coyote, fox, bobcat, turkey, fishers, porcupines, etc... Human pee is just another pee. Sure, the chemical composition is different, depending on diet, but deer are not doctors with copies of the urinalysis report from the lab. They know it's pee and it may smell a little different.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:04 AM
Typical Buck

Deer usually either don't pay any attention to human urine or are a little curious about it . I don't think making your own scrape and peeing in it will do any good.
I've known guys who would carry an empty bottle in the field to pee in because they didn't want to pee on the ground and leave scent. I consider that unnecessary.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

X2 on that Bull.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

What are you gonna "load" up with ken?

Coffee? Tea? Beer?

Old 11-18-2013, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Theres some coffee and a little old beer in there haha
Old 11-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Spike

Well I am interested to see how this end up lol
Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

well I didn't have a camera on a small scrap I found but I pee'd on it just to see if it made them leave the scrape or what...I noticed they still scraped at the spot...so for what I saw the buck prob just thought another buck was there...
Old 11-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

I was once so enamored of a girl that I found a tree in her yard with a good licking branch and made a scrape under it. Peed in it and everything just to let other guys know that it was my territory. Rubbed a few small saplings too. That hurt.

After they let me out of the mental ward that girl married me.

Sometimes making your own scrapes pays off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.