HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   cell phone cord (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/386851-cell-phone-cord.html)

MZS 11-09-2013 02:20 PM

All we have is a trac phone and it won't get a signal unless you are on a roof or up in a tree. So if I fell from a tree stand, I would have to dial real quick!

Bullcamp82834 11-09-2013 05:34 PM

I'm in complete agreement with flyinlowe. I like to be away from such things as phones, but I get it that guys need to be in contact with family in case of emergencies etc.

It's all relative to your personal situation. Myself, I got along great without a cell phone before there were such things as cell phones. Now my wife wants me to carry one in the field in case I get in trouble and need help. The phone stays in the truck.

If I DID carry a phone hunting and I WAS concerned about dropping it off a cliff I'd just tie a loop of 550 cord around it and tie the other end to a belt loop.

jplegend 11-09-2013 07:53 PM

having a cell phone while hunting allows me to hunt six days a week. Sorry if that bothers some of you guys who probably also resent the invention of the wheel. In stone age speak, more hunting good, less hunting bad. Thanks for the help!

Bullcamp82834 11-10-2013 07:45 AM

What we have here is a success to communicate.

If you need to carry a phone, carry it. If you prefer to leave it in the truck, leave it.
That was easy.

NebBuckHunter 11-10-2013 08:22 AM

Otterbox makes a clip on attachment with retractable cord specifically made for utility workers. Check out their website.

Lunkerdog 11-10-2013 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by jplegend (Post 4096273)
having a cell phone while hunting allows me to hunt six days a week. Sorry if that bothers some of you guys who probably also resent the invention of the wheel. In stone age speak, more hunting good, less hunting bad. Thanks for the help!

Didn't see any replies that deserved a "thin skinned" response, but oh well... Maybe yer taking yourself just a little too seriously?:poke:

Maybe if you had explained the work thing to begin with you would have received some different responses, but don't fault folks for their responses to limited info... We're all entitled an opinion based on the info you initially provided.

That said, here ya go.

OtterBox® - Official Site | OtterBox.com

flags 11-10-2013 10:10 PM

Leave the phone in the truck! If you need a phone or facebook to occupy your time in the stand then you need to get a better appreciation of the natural world. Time spent simply observing nature will help anybody be a better hunter. You will be amazed how much you will miss getting distracted by a phone.

Personally, if I had my way about it, I'd have shot Alexander Graham Bell when he invented the phone! I hate the things with a passion.

rockport 11-11-2013 12:03 AM

I just keep mine in my pack. I don't care to have a cellphone but I think it would be very selfish of me not to have one for emergencies having a family and all.

I guess I just never really worried about dropping it though.

NEhomer 11-11-2013 04:37 AM

No cell service where I hunt so case closed. I imagine I'd have mine but not use it much. Update on weather/wind could be useful.

Father Forkhorn 11-11-2013 05:28 AM

I'm just glad I have no cell phone.