Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Antlers hitting the trees?

Old 10-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DROX View Post
From this little bit of information, I would guess its pileated woodpeckers. They are the big ones.
Nocturnal ?
Old 10-31-2013, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by The Green Horn Hunter View Post
Thanks guys, It was a higher pitch sound not a thud and it was 3 consecutive times. Then I heard a big branch crack, and that was it.

Bullcamp, It was calm for about 5 in the morning. No weeds were stirring or blowing no wind!

By the way I do not believe in Big Foot, How ever it could be out there...
It was definitely a sasquatch.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jrfrmn View Post
It was definitely a sasquatch.
I'm a lot smarter then that dude, There is no such thing as a big foot, PERIOD! It was probably animal stepping on a branch then I might have scared it away when I sneezed like I scared the deer away with the sneeze.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

I once scared off a grizzly with a sneeze. But then it was a big sneeze and a small grizzly so I guess it wasn't that big of a deal.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:32 PM
Spike

Old 11-01-2013, 02:59 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by GatorWrestler View Post

So much truth is that. Funny how a little squirrel sounds like a big bruiser coming in, gets the blood pumpin for sure.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FungusFinder View Post

So much truth is that. Funny how a little squirrel sounds like a big bruiser coming in, gets the blood pumpin for sure.
Heading to a stand on afternoon I had such a beast making racket. I stalked that sumbitch for a 1/2 hour. Sounded like a buck tending a scrape. I damn near wanted to shoot him with the .280 just for the hell he put me through. Then the little bastard sat there and barked at me.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:33 AM
GCJ
Spike

When I was "DUMB and Young" I spent several nights in a So called haunted cemetery, And I am one of those true campers that don't need a fancy bed room on wheels, I make my own tent aka the leentoo. Or I go ahead and pitch a tent, and camp by fire.
Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834 View Post
I wish I had a merit badge to give you. You have certainly earned it.
Good show old boy !!!!!
I'll give you one, but only if you started your fire with flint & steel.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

BullCamp, About the Merit badge, Don't worry dude, I was stupid when I was younger, and I certainly don't deserve it. I respect the Cemetery now, and I don't go in there unless it's to barry our dead and pay the last respects to that person who has died. I was merely stating a fact nothing in the woods don't scare me but I do feel alive when I am in them.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

BullCamp, About the Merit badge, Don't worry dude, I was stupid when I was younger, and I certainly don't deserve it. I respect the Cemetery now, and I don't go in there unless it's to barry our dead and pay the last respects to that person who has died. I was merely stating a fact nothing in the woods don't scare me but I do feel alive when I am in them.
Hey, I'm just razzing you bro. It's cool that you feel so alive in the woods. That's what it's all about. If we didn't feel that way there would be no point to it for us.

But being scared in the woods......well.....when you go back in after that second or third load of elk meat in the dark, in grizz country, in wind when you can't hear well.......and something goes crash in the brush. I'm scared sh*tless.

Last edited by Bullcamp82834; 11-01-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.