Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

RIP Larry Benoit!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RIP Larry Benoit!

The king has passed! (I'm just now hearing of his passing that was back on the 8th) I wonder if his family purposefully withheld the story until after his funeral?

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/...benoit-dies-89

For you youngsters who don't know who he is, DO SOME RESEARCH & learn what he gave to our sport, you'll be better for it!
Old 10-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

I've read one of his books and he seemed like a real standup guy. He obviously knew what he was talking about. RIP and God Bless!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dang, sorry to hear bout this...You are right, many of us grew up reading about his exploits...
Old 10-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for posting. Agree, top notch guy and amazing hunter. That family makes most of us with decades of experience look like novices. Big Bucks the Benoit way...amazing book. Read it if you haven't.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

Sitting a stand right now catching up on the gossip. Man I have read a few books by him while hunting. Learned a lot. RIP
Old 10-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

RIP, Larry is now whackin bruisers in the land where season never ends, have a good season my friend!
RR
Old 10-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Read 3 of his books while sitting on stand. He was one of the great in deer hunting world. No one except his sons could track a buck like he could. Besides being a great hunter ,he was a heck of a knife maker also. If you wanted one his knives you had to call him direct. God Bless You Sir.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very sorry to hear of his passing, I didn't know. That was a real deer hunter, and he did "hunt" them! He would travel miles in a day tracking his north woods trophy buck until he caught up with him. We won't see the likes of him again. He and his brothers are legandary whitetail hunters.

Probably one of my first deer hunting books was "How To Bag The Biggest Buck Of Your Life" (1974) written AND SIGNED by Larry. Last I heard, an original signed copy was worth (I wouldn't sell it) about $700. Prolly more now.