Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This is a problem!

Old 10-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Spike

Default This is a problem!

So I got all my stands set out and about a week into season I set in one. I guess it was near some poison ivy I hadn't noticed and I got covered in it. Needless to say the next weekend I let my buddy who is immune to poison ivy hunt that stand. Ive had my cameras out and haven't gotten a single buck on camera. That night he hunted it he shot a real nice 11pt. The next weekend I went and hunted the stand, I saw no deer except a real nice 8 pt at 70 yrds (unethical for me). although I didn't get poison ivy. anyways what im saying is I have the ****tiest luck lol
Old 10-16-2013, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

i would consider seeing a nice 8 point at 70 yards good luck, but thats just me.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

Roundup on the friggin poison ivy.

About a month ago.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Yah, I'm sure if your near any agriculture, the smell of round up isn't going to spook any deer. Probably just got done feasting on round-up ready beans.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's how it always works. I go fishing and hunting all the time and will say majority of the time not meeting my expectations, but if I take someone new or cancel last minute it always seems to be the day I should have gone or the spot I normally fish.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

Murphy's Law in action Dog. It's pretty reliable.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

Leaves of three, let them be! I know the feeling, I am so alergic to it , I can catch it if someone is burning it nearby.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Murdy
Yah, I'm sure if your near any agriculture, the smell of round up isn't going to spook any deer. Probably just got done feasting on round-up ready beans.
thats how they get so big in southern IL!
Old 10-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deer eat and are immune to poison ivy, found out the hard way by gut shooting one and field dressing without gloves. That was a long time ago and lesson learned.