Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

just getting started

Old 10-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Spike

Default just getting started

could really use any advise anybody could give me on how to use this forum not really sure how it all works never really used one before really looking for a lot of insight on hunting
Old 10-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

We'll you figured out how to post that's a good start . The best thing is to go to community forums and choose what you want to learn about there's a ton of stuff to read
Old 10-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by indiana deer hunter
We'll you figured out how to post that's a good start . The best thing is to go to community forums and choose what you want to learn about there's a ton of stuff to read
x2. Ask questions. This is a great site with great people. Welcome aboard!

A few things to watch out for:

1.) flaming. Harsh criticisms and obnoxious comments that inevitably provoke ugly responses. It can get you banned. Always be respectful. Sometimes it's best to let the other guy win.

2.) baiting/trolling--posting something just to get people upset.

3.) Related to this site, anything anti-hunting is an absolute no-no. Same for anything that encourages or tolerates poaching or lack of gun safety.

I make it a point never to criticize young hunters, even if they made a mistake. I focus on encouraging them in every way to hunt more and hunt better. If some kid gut-shot a tiny yearling as a first deer, I take the approach that they did something great and maybe look for ways to improve.

There's also a sure way to get trouble started if you criticize people for shooting young bucks, or ripping on guys who only go after trophies. Same for criticizing or attacking others when they're hunting legally/ethically. Crossbows, shooting buttons bucks, .223's for deer, gun vs. bow, deer hounds, are all potentially explosive on the boards I post.

Last edited by Father Forkhorn; 10-08-2013 at 01:06 PM.