Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Late Season Box Blind

Old 08-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default Late Season Box Blind

Ok here it goes, I recently built a 10 foot wooden box blind (08/24/13) and i've been hearing from some of the guys in the my club that it's too close to the season opener 10/12/13 (muzzle loader) and may affect deer patterns in the area....what's everybodys opinion on this? thanks in advance and good luck this season.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

I don't think so.That's almost 2 months You should be fine
Old 08-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks John, I was thinking that when I built it but i caught a little heat from some of the other guys! I even considered not hunting it until the rut in early/mid November (south GA)
Old 08-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Garm,
Just brush it in good and don't "live" there between now and then.
BTW I didn't see that anyone but you is going to set there so what"s their problem. You think they would be happy that if the deer are avoiding your blind that those deer should go towards their blinds and they will see more deer. IMHO
daddus
Old 08-28-2013, 12:56 PM
Spike

2 to 3 weeks they wont even think about it, Sounds like the other guys are wishing they had one like.

Dave
Old 08-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put mine up and that evening there were deer on the camera 30yds from where the stand is...Id make sure you put a lock on the door just to keep others out of there...they may be trying to discourage you from hunting there so they can...just my opinion...
Old 08-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Wilcam47
I put mine up and that evening there were deer on the camera 30yds from where the stand is...Id make sure you put a lock on the door just to keep others out of there...they may be trying to discourage you from hunting there so they can...just my opinion...
It for sure sound like they are trying to keep you out of there
Old 08-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our season starts in late Oct.and I don't put my stands in until the first of Oct.I'd say go for it.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Lol...sounds good guys, i appreciate all of the responses....you guys definitely boosted my confidence hunting that spot this season! Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Garminator
Lol...sounds good guys, i appreciate all of the responses....you guys definitely boosted my confidence hunting that spot this season! Good luck to everyone!
you have a picture of your blind? needing ideas for building one.