Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Milo Hanson's world record whitetail >

Milo Hanson's world record whitetail

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Milo Hanson's world record whitetail

Old 07-31-2013, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by daddus1
Guys,
This guy posts something he"s seen recently in a mag puts it up and sits back and watches us do just what this country is doing, disingrating. Its lib 101 , pull the pin on nothing and watch what happens.
I will not respond to this person any more
daddus
***Yep, he's sort of a pot stirrer and some would even call him a troll. I won't go that far and will just say that "he's a little different"!
Old 07-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Teal's just saying it was largely a non-typical cause he's from Canada. We have all seen the WI bucks pictures and know it wasn't. B&C just doesn't want to admit they're wrong on this on.

I'll muddy the water a little more. Remember this buck? I truely believe it was real. It just so happen it was shot by a very acentric individual.
Attached Thumbnails Milo Hanson's world record whitetail-ramp1.jpg  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by deernutz
Teal's just saying it was largely a non-typical cause he's from Canada. We have all seen the WI bucks pictures and know it wasn't. B&C just doesn't want to admit they're wrong on this on.

I'll muddy the water a little more. Remember this buck? I truely believe it was real. It just so happen it was shot by a very acentric individual.
***That buck was certainly real and I know right where it was killed outside Traverse City and it wasn't very far from the airport. Several reputable people had their hands on that buck shortly after he got it out of the woods and before it was ever processed and verified it was for real. The only comment made about it was that it couldn't have been taken up in that area because it's not known for big bucks. Mitch Rompola is out in the woods every day of the year up there literally living with the deer and has taken an ungodly number of big bucks over the years, all with a bow. He is an oddball, but aren't we all in one way or another!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-31-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***That buck was certainly real and I know right where it was killed outside Traverse City and it wasn't very far from the airport. Several reputable people had their hands on that buck shortly after he got it out of the woods and before it was ever processed and verified it was for real. The only comment made about it was that it couldn't have been taken up in that area because it's not known for big bucks. Mitch Rompola is out in the woods every day of the year up there literally living with the deer and has taken an ungodly number of big bucks over the years, all with a bow. He is an oddball, but aren't we all in one way or another!

I'll just agree to disagree with you on Rompola. I have spoke to many people (some famous ones whose names you would well know) that have known and interacted with Mitch for many years. He's a dishonest fraud that runs back and hides behind the "oh he's just odd and different" as an excuse to disengage when ever someone asks him to put up or shut up. I could tell you many stories but do not wish to hijack the thread.

Last edited by Todd1700; 07-31-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested........because I enjoy being outdoors when its colder than a witches ..... in a brass bra, and blowing and snowing and I'm hunting deer or ducks or anything but a case of cabin fever.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pops423
Yeah, why come in here and delete your original post??
He has been booked for a 7 day vacation on me. Let me know if he continues to stir the pot if he comes back.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Todd1700
I'll just agree to disagree with you on Rompola. I have spoke to many people (some famous ones whose names you would well know) that have known and interacted with Mitch for many years. He's a dishonest fraud that runs back and hides behind the "oh he's just odd and different" as an excuse to disengage when ever someone asks him to put up or shut up. I could tell you many stories but do not wish to hijack the thread.
***How can you call a guy a dishonest fraud that has over a dozen bucks on the wall with a bow that will top 160"? I could care less who you know or stories you could tell because to say that they have interacted with him is baloney because the guy is almost a total recluse who doesn't interact with much of anything but deer in the woods up there. There are plenty out there that might say things like you are intimating, but most of them are probably just envious of the guy's accomplishments in the field.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-31-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

TG, just curious, why do you feel that it depletes the trophy because it was taken on a drive? Not trying to open a can of worms, just hear your thoughts. I've had lots of big bucks slip out of drives, they get big because they do that.
-Jake
Old 07-31-2013, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just my opinion that it's not the way I would hunt for a big buck, but maybe a doe or two just for meat to fill the freezer. The country up there is such that they were able to see that buck go into a small patch of woods, bush as they call it up there. Then from the way the story goes, a bunch surrounded it and only left it one out across the field where at least one or two others shot at it and missed before Hanson killed it. It's just not my idea of how to take a big buck, especially one that is #1 in the world. Give me one like Rompola took, regardless of what some think, because he studies the local deer up there almost every day, knows them like a book, and goes after them one on one. That's the only way you're going to take as many big deer with a bow as he's taken. Good question though and I hope that answer is sufficient.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

It does. Had you seen a buck like that go into a woodlot, would you have tried to get some people and chase it out? Most hunters probably would, I would.
-Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.