HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Milo Hanson's world record whitetail (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/383382-milo-hansons-world-record-whitetail.html)

Canadian Newsgather 07-27-2013 02:36 PM

Milo Hanson's world record whitetail

The times they are a changin' - Bob Dylan

Valentine 07-28-2013 03:59 AM

That could lead...

to the retirement of a lot of antler hunters. If the biggest ever gets harvested, in their lifetime, what would be the need to hunt deer any longer.

indiana deer hunter 07-30-2013 07:53 PM

I don't recognize this book as the largest typical wasn't their a guy here in the states last year who eclipsed that buck but for some reason they wouldn't recognize it ? Also it was killed on a drive that's what takes away from it to me it's not the same feeling as the traditional way to me

Rick Teal 07-30-2013 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by indiana deer hunter (Post 4069957)
I don't recognize this book as the largest typical wasn't their a guy here in the states last year who eclipsed that buck but for some reason they wouldn't recognize it ? Also it was killed on a drive that's what takes away from it to me it's not the same feeling as the traditional way to me

The deer that Deer and Deer hunting mag was touting as a new world record was largely non-typical. They seemed to think if they whined enough, B&C would cave in and change the rules - it didn't work - even after they were granted the panel they wanted.

Actually, drive hunting has its origins in antiquity, while sitting in trees over bait is a modern abomination.

Pops423 07-31-2013 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rick Teal (Post 4069965)
The deer that Deer and Deer hunting mag was touting as a new world record was largely non-typical.

Largely Non-typical?

It had two antlers that may/may not share a common base. It is in no way non-typical. Just a controversy over the bases of those 2 antlers.

Topgun 3006 07-31-2013 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Pops423 (Post 4069999)
Largely Non-typical?

It had two antlers that may/may not share a common base. It is in no way non-typical. Just a controversy over the bases of those 2 antlers.

***IMHO there is some politics going on with the rack being talked about. It is in no way remotely nontypical! It is just so massive that two tines on the right side are close together, but as far as I and many others are concerned, both come off the main beam and it should be declared the new world record. Although there is nothing that says how a book deer has to be killed, other than by fair chase, I do agree that the Milo Hanson buck being killed on a drive where it had nowhere to go but across an open field where there were several guns waiting takes away from the trophy.

Psylocide 07-31-2013 08:28 AM

Yet another strange post from our friend CN...

Pops423 07-31-2013 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Psylocide (Post 4070039)
Yet another strange post from our friend CN...

Yeah, why come in here and delete your original post??

Topgun 3006 07-31-2013 10:18 AM

Better be careful guys or the Super Moderator will come on here and delete you, LOL!!!

daddus1 07-31-2013 10:33 AM

Guys,
This guy posts something he"s seen recently in a mag puts it up and sits back and watches us do just what this country is doing, disingrating. Its lib 101 , pull the pin on nothing and watch what happens.
I will not respond to this person any more
daddus