Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Vortex TTSX in 30-06

Old 07-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Spike

Default Vortex TTSX in 30-06

Just curious if anyone has had luck with the factory load Barnes TTSX all copper rounds for hunting Whitetail using a 30-06 and in what weights.

I was given a box of 180gr but from what I have read when hunting whitetail from a 30-06 they might be too slow to open properly so I am not sure I want to use them and risk losing an animal.

Seems like some people swear by them and some people hate them.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude I'm sure that 06 is goin to push that bullet plenty fast enough to make that bullet expand just like its suppose to...

I would not hesitate to use them
Old 07-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Spike

I would hope so but I'm no expert so I figured I'd bounce it off people here.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Fork Horn

I've been using the TTSX in most all my rifles for awhile now and always been awesome results out of 5 deer and a handfull of pigs and one red stag only one deer has taken more then one step and that one deer only made it 20 yards maybe ...I'm a firm believer in the bullet
Old 08-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't sweat the expansion. The bullet will open almost instantaneously. Just be sure they group well out of your rifle and you'll be good to go.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Spike

Thanks again to all of you for the responses. Assuming my rifle likes them I will definitely give the Barnes a try this season.