Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer hunting laurel,Knox,or Whitley counties >

Deer hunting laurel,Knox,or Whitley counties

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunting laurel,Knox,or Whitley counties

Old 06-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Spike

Default Deer hunting laurel,Knox,or Whitley counties

Just moved to London about 3 months ago and trying to find some good hunting ground. Anyone with any good info message me. Looking In laurel county or Knox county or Whitley county Kentucky. Farms or public land. Just message me with ideals Thanks Charles
Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Spike

me too searching for the such type of ground as i am anxious about to shoot
Old 07-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Those counties are in KY zone 4...

I frequently hunt a few counties east in Knott and Letcher Co... do NOT expect large numbers of deer consistently...nor should you hold out for a 150+ inch buck if a 120-class 8 point shows up... you are hunting for the best buck realistically available in the area...

That said, I have killed nice bucks (including a "big" 12 point) in Knott Co for the past several years...all during rifle season...

You did not say where you are moving from though (except Mickeysmith from NY)...private land can still be good depending on the terrain and food plots you are able to use...for better public areas (Wildlife Management Areas or WMAs) drive a bit north to the central KY area...Taylorsville Lake WMA gets a lot of attention...though I prefer Veteran's WMA (5 miles from my home), Kleber-Rich WMA, and Kentucky River WMA...