Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Antler Growth?

Old 05-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Antler Growth?

So on average how many inches does a buck's antlers grow from the previous year? I know many factors play a role, the buck in question is a mountain deer with no farms around. Got him on cam two nights in a row on the last two days of August 2012 he was fully out of velvet but never got him on cam again nor did I see him while hunting. Buckscore.com scored him at 122.5" with 22" spread. Understand this is big for this area I hunt.
Attached Thumbnails Antler Growth?-bb1.jpg   Antler Growth?-bb2.jpg   Antler Growth?-bb3.jpg   Antler Growth?-bb4.jpg   Antler Growth?-bb5.jpg  

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 05-06-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would score him higher then that. I would guess him at 132 is. His mass isn't bad and he has pretty nice tine length and inside spread and brows. Maybe even 138ish. If he was a 10pt it would push him into the 140's. Thats my take. He's gonna be a nice one this year. Without having a closer look it's hard to say though.

My guess he's 3 1/2 and gonna start putting some mass on him this year. Goodluck.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots depends on genetics and diet...that's a nice trophy IMO...if someone hasn't shot him already he's gonna be nice this year! Good luck!