Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Can i hunt it deer with primitive 35# bow
Yes i can
59.38%
No i can't
40.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Can i hunt with this?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

The answer to my question is?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
The answer to my question is?
Well,to be hones to all of you,i don't really want to hunt-all what i ask is because of pure curiosity.
Since i don't know almost nothing about hunting,i was wondering does hunters really must hit vital organs,or can they hit them etc. in center of torso.
I hope nobody is mad on me because i won't hunt,but i just wanted to know is my bow good enough for hunting.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

So you posted the same question in two areas of the forum and don't even care what answer you got because you don't hunt?

Thats good to know.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Well,to be hones to all of you,i don't really want to hunt-all what i ask is because of pure curiosity.
Since i don't know almost nothing about hunting,i was wondering does hunters really must hit vital organs,or can they hit them etc. in center of torso.
I hope nobody is mad on me because i won't hunt,but i just wanted to know is my bow good enough for hunting.
Know problem if you don't hunt and is curious,
With an arrow, your looking to kill the deer by bleeding,
Vitals is best way to do this,
And vitals is always aimed,
Yes you can kill a deer by missing the vitals,
But will take longer, and increases the chances of you losing the deer,
And increases the chances of you just injuring the deer.
So yes you can kill a deer by missing vitals, but its something hunters try very hard to avoid,
Practice and lots of practice, passing on shots that's deemed risky, buying and maintaining good equipment, is just some of the things hunters do.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deppedy Doggs got it right

Originally Posted by DeppedyDogg
You are not getting useless information here.
However there is at least one useless idiot that gave you information.

Fast forward to your next interaction with a Conservation Officer. You have this bow in your hands. You have an Archery Hunting License, everything else about your activities are legal. Prove your bow is of mandatory draw weight.

If you cannot you have a problem.
No matter who tells you anything on the internet it is your responsibility to know and apply the law. Dont let a keyboard lawyer set you up for failure. There are some guys who have made very good primative bows and have hunted the successfuly. I would suggest you look up Paleo Planet, lots of good information and the people there are a little more familure with homemade bows and can give you better guidence then people not shooting or building them reguarly.

Good luck

Niccum
Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

My state does not even have a draw weight for deer or bear listed. Turkey is 35# for some reason. I have run into Game Wardens in the field and they were quite curious about the self bows but never asked poundage. I hunted in Maryland too with the same results. What do you goofballs think, that the draw weight is certified on the bow with a calibration sticker? Common markings on "Store bought" longbows and recurves is just writing on the bow with ink. A lot of assembly line woods were stamped with metal stamps into the wood.
Worry about the spine weight of an arrow? We are talking 35# here. Deputy Clown, I am one idiot that knows what he is talking about when it comes to old bows.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
My state does not even have a draw weight for deer or bear listed. Turkey is 35# for some reason. I have run into Game Wardens in the field and they were quite curious about the self bows but never asked poundage. I hunted in Maryland too with the same results. What do you goofballs think, that the draw weight is certified on the bow with a calibration sticker? Common markings on "Store bought" longbows and recurves is just writing on the bow with ink. A lot of assembly line woods were stamped with metal stamps into the wood.
Worry about the spine weight of an arrow? We are talking 35# here. Deputy Clown, I am one idiot that knows what he is talking about when it comes to old bows.
i've never looked in the book for it. I see your from PA also. I've heard many people say 35# is the minimum. I'm sure its somewhere in the regs, otherwise its an unspoken rule haha.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
i've never looked in the book for it. I see your from PA also. I've heard many people say 35# is the minimum. I'm sure its somewhere in the regs, otherwise its an unspoken rule haha.
Not an unspoken rule,
It is listed in the regs, 35# for turkey/deer/bear. 45# for elk.
No min listed for small game.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Gm54-120
So you posted the same question in two areas of the forum and don't even care what answer you got because you don't hunt?

Thats good to know.
I posted same question,because i couldn't find my first thread.
I tough it's deleted...
Anyway i care for each answer very much,because everybody on this forum is a hunter.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
Yes your showing your intelligence..I can cut a piece of limb of a tree and tie a sting to both sides and call it a self made bow it may pull at 35lbs but depending on the limb im using it dosnt mean its going to shoot the arrow at enough speed to kill anything with it. SO without knowing what was used to build this "self made bow" its hard to say weather it will kill anything or not without understanding the velocity. You myfriend (Gunplummber) are the goofball and yes this is an opinion forum but passing bad advise only makes bad things happen. Please understand you playing keyboard lawyer, can have a bad effect on new hunters who take your word for the golden rule. Jurassic park did you check out the site I mentioned to you in my previose post?

Old bows are not self made bows so you have no idea what your talking about. Deputey Doggs again is in the right.

Last edited by BP_Niccum; 01-07-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.