Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can't find my 8 point

Old 01-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's why they call it hunting and not shooting!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Look man you want to kill a late season pressued buck that you have done zero scouting on and have no clue where he is or if hes still there. I have told you what I would do but your looking for THE GUARNTEED answer but havent done any of your homework. Next season if you are doing a late season youth hunt you HAVE to do your homework. I still feel you got some great advise here and what we said is the best course of action to be success givin the senario you discribed. Thats why its hunting man, So get out there and make this a outstanding hunting experince for the youngen. It will be a thick brush hunt if you want to find him. Get in there early catch him moving about when he thinks your still sleeping.

Good Luck

Niccum
Old 01-03-2013, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That's why they call it hunting and not shooting!
X2!

We have plenty of big bucks that we might see once and catch on camera dozens of times but the reason they become so big is because they are smart and probably have learned your ways. I would find a fresh area deep in the woods that no one has hunted and find a spot where you have perfect wind. I'm sure the buck has learned where you normally sit and is avoiding it. I have stands that are deep in that we only hunt when the wind is perfect and during the rut. It takes everything I have not to hunt them until the rut but it sure pays off. Hunt where no one else has and you should have some luck.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

I am defenately listening to you guys advice and I am going to try to hunt near his bedding area but where I hunt at there is absolutely no easy way to do that there are so many ways they get to there bedding areas and I'm not guiding someone I am 16 Ithis is my last year to hunt on the juvenile hunt.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Find the tickest nasties bushiest patch on the property where you cant see but a few feet infront of you. Look around for some trails going threw it. Set up with good wind and wait him out. If there are bucks on your property you will see one in the thickets right now.