Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Natural Ground Blind Seat Recommendations >

Natural Ground Blind Seat Recommendations

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Natural Ground Blind Seat Recommendations

Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Spike

Default Natural Ground Blind Seat Recommendations

I am hitting some sales right now and interested in a seat for hunting from my ground blinds. They are all natural, and I always set them up with a big tree at the back that I can lean against.

Do you guys have a cushion, like Fatboy Lite, you would recommend?

Should I get a bigger camo folding chair and just raise the level of cover in my stand?

What do you guys sit on to stay comfortable...preferably from which you can silently/quickly slip into shooting mode?

versus

versus

???
Old 01-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know a Guy locally that makes one Awesome chair that sits fairly low to the ground,is adjustable and can be set at different angles and is very comfortable to sit and Hunt out of...only problem is it cost around $110.00 and its not been out there on the open market much so its not a fancy Name Brand chair but is made of light tubed steel,is sturdy yet easy to carry with the built-in shoulder straps.

Its for sale at our local Archery Shop...don't even know if they have it listed on their Site?I'll check and see and post a link if possible...I could send You a pic via my Cell Phone...I'm thinking it is in 2 different Camo Patterns...I was going to use it in a ground blind or for when I got out Coyote Hunting and need a comfortable cahair for long sits!I'm wanting to buy 1 for myself and was waiting for it to go on sale...this chair has no side arms to get in Your way,which would be ideal for anyone Bow Hunting and it has a nice thick seat pad and pad for Your back...more or less a long 1-piece pad that is for Your back and bottom to rest on.

Last edited by GTOHunter; 01-02-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Clevinger...just got another brain storm.......check the Predator Hunting Sites,they carry a light-weight 2-piece V-shaped seat You can carry with You and fold open to sit on the flat ground,with You sitting on the bottom part it supports Your back and with the back piece and I believe Your own weight gives You the support needed to keep Your back straight and comfortable?Kinda tough to describe but I've seen the Hunter Randy Anderson using and advertising them on His Predator Hunting Show "Predator Quest"!

This might be just what Your looking for at a resonable price,simple to carry and quick nad easy to set up!Look on any Coyote Hunting Site or local SPortsmans Hunting Supply Store...they may have the on the following Site?

www.predatorquest.com
Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
Clevinger...just got another brain storm.......check the Predator Hunting Sites,they carry a light-weight 2-piece V-shaped seat You can carry with You and fold open to sit on the flat ground,with You sitting on the bottom part it supports Your back and with the back piece and I believe Your own weight gives You the support needed to keep Your back straight and comfortable?Kinda tough to describe but I've seen the Hunter Randy Anderson using and advertising them on His Predator Hunting Show "Predator Quest"!

This might be just what Your looking for at a resonable price,simple to carry and quick nad easy to set up!Look on any Coyote Hunting Site or local SPortsmans Hunting Supply Store...they may have the on the following Site?

www.predatorquest.com
Thanks for the tip and link. That looks intriguing.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default If

you have the option, get some closed cell foam and camo material from a fabric store.

Get enough for the seating and backrest.
Buy a section of web belt and screw/glue onto the foam.

Cover your foam with the camo using glue or stitchery.

Use that for seating and backrest.

Yep, I'm kind-of cheap.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Here is another option. It is called a Rack Pack and is a pack frame that doubles as a very nice chair. I have even turned mine around and used the back/head rest as a shooting rest as that actually folds down to as the bottom support of the pack frame. Is the L shape - if that makes sense.

http://www.magnusbroadheads.com/the-rack-pack/

The more comfortable one can sit - the longer one can sit still and sit longer - period.

JW

Last edited by JW; 01-03-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a beach chair, the one with shoulder straps...It sits lower to the ground than a camp chair but is more comfortable than a cushion...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Okay I mis-read your post - ground blinds - the idea I gave you I use in a 'tent type' ground blind.

I also do as nchawkeye suggested. I use a Metal (not aluminum as that broke quick) beach chair. The color really doesn't matter as you can use a can of OD green spray paint and paint the chair. It works

A chair like this allows you to sit places where a tree just does not cut it. You can see my roll up rag blinds and I carry 2.

And a tip for you. Look at my cushion. I use an old gym bag strap clipped to each handle of the cushion. Quick flip and its over your shoulder and out of the way for transport.

JW
Old 01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Do you guys remeber the bunsaver! I used that thing forever haha