Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Season recap

Old 01-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default Season recap

I've not been around in a while,but figured i'd stop in and scan through some old topics and see whats been going on.Our season in TN ends this sunday,but I don't think i'll be deer hunting anymore.Gonna get the beagle out and chase some rabbits this weekend.

This deer season has been rough.I've hunted myself to death,I put alot of hours on stand.In a normal season I usually see 100+ deer sightings from the stand,this year,for the whole season,I think I seen around 15-20 deer from the stand,thats from the start of archery to now,and thats counting the ones I killed.We had a total mast crop failure here in Eastern TN where I hunt,zero acorns,and the properties I hunt are 90% woods.I had no green fields to hunt.But every field I passed or yard,it had deer in it.So Im assumeing all the deer stayed around the green fields.But I did manage to kill 4 deer this year,which is always good.

But I didn't see any good bucks,The 6pt I killed was the biggest I saw,and normally wouldn't shoot him,but with a season like I had,i was willing to shoot anything..Also killed my first 2 coyotes this year while deer hunting,I doubled up on them that morning,they was traveling together,shot 1,and the other just jumped foward a bit,and I got him too..

Archery Doe one of only 4 deer I saw all bow season

Doe shot with my Sav/Pac Smokeless muzzleloader

6pt shot with my sav/pac smokeless muzzy

Coyotes

Late season Doe tag
Old 01-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like you made good on a rough season. The drought this summer hurt a lot of areas. I only shot two doe this year, passed an 8 point early on and that was a mistake. Looks like a good season in all though. Nice job.
-Jake
Old 01-02-2013, 04:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you had a decent season. That one yote is a big boy!! Congrats.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

what kind of rifle did you take your coyotes and late season doe with?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Its a Remington 700 30-06
Old 01-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

congrats on making the best of your season, looks like you had some fun