Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Looking to begin hunting - need a rifle recommendation >

Looking to begin hunting - need a rifle recommendation

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Looking to begin hunting - need a rifle recommendation

Old 12-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Spike

ole hunter seys my vote goes to the 243 . a very accurate round low recoil and lite to carry . mine is a LSA 55 model sako which has killed 1 or2 deer every year since about 1970 get quality even if it hurts , you will love it more every time it works.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by themrkik
Thank you for everyone's feedback. I've been taking a lot of your posts and researching more.

One thing I stumbled upon during a lot of cross referencing was the Weatherby Vanguard Series 2 .308 rifle. Any experience with that rifle? A lot speak highly of the weight, accuracy, and over-all control of the rifle.

I found an option on Weatherby's site that includes 3-9 x 42mm Redfield Revenge scope. It seems to be a good scope as well.

I also liked cmoutos' recommendation for the Browning A-Bolt Composite Stalker. The Browning BOSS feature really caught my attention, if anyone has feedback/experience with it I'd appreciate it as well.

Thanks again and I'll keep taking this feedback to research. Thanks!
X2
Thats exactly what I was going to say!