Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Havent hunted in a week should the deer be walking again? >

Havent hunted in a week should the deer be walking again?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Havent hunted in a week should the deer be walking again?

Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Spike

Default Havent hunted in a week should the deer be walking again?

Been hunting pretty much every day since season started 2 months ago. Even though I have 400 acres havent been seeing any deer at all for weeks other than a few does. So I took a week off, put out some bags of corn today, and dont plan on hutning until Friday. Is a week of no hunting enough time for them to feel like walking during hours again instead of 1-4am like they are showing up on my cameras? Been seeing some very nice bucks on my cams but not even close to shooting hours.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Why not instead of you waiting for them to come to you, you go to them. It is called hunting you know.... not waiting! My dad always told me, sometimes you have to go after what you want in order to be successful or you miss out!

Just saying.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Spike

I tried that before and all I saw were tails waving at me. Also since I was never using my 12 gauge that shoots 3.5"s I traded it in on a nice pair of Leupold rangefinders. I havent shot that gun in probably 8 years and I needed rangefinders because I missed 4-5 deer this year cause I am terrible at ranging them and didint know how far out they were. Figured trading something I wasnt using for something I desperately needed was a good move. And Im not shooting a rifle on a level.

Also the only places I could possibly stalk deer would be down in my swamps because I know thats where they bed down and drink but the duckers are gonna start WW3 tomorrow through saturday so they wont be there. Im hoping me not hunting for a week plus duck hunters pressuring them out of their bedding areas means they will head out to my fields.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:06 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

Here is a great article on still hunting. He is hunting blacktails, which seem even tougher than whitetails from what he says.

http://www.gameandfishmag.com/2010/0...ng_ra_0807_07/