Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Really need some advice on what you would do >

Really need some advice on what you would do

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Really need some advice on what you would do

Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Really need some advice on what you would do

Let me begin by saying that myself and about 9 other guys lease aprroximately 400 acres of prime deer hunting ground here in Md. My dilema is that I got 2 people I know to join this yr to round out the hunters for the 2012/13 season. I have shot a big buck already and so have several other guys. The guys I got in haven't seen a whole lot so I told one of them he could use my stand 1 evening and good luck and hope you get 1. Well he seen and missed an oppurtunity at a big buck and now has decided he is going to take up residence less than 100yds from my stands. I have beat around the bush a little bit trying to be as nice as possible about it but its gone from what the h**l to getting really P$$$ed off now. I even explained that there are drop outs every yr after the season and the more years you stay that you move up the food chain and get into better spots with every year that passes. Seems he wants to jump right into the prime hunting area his 1st year in on the lease without having to stand in line due to seniority like the rest of us did. I even have my teenage son in with us for the 1st time this year and have made him put his stand on the out skirts of the best spots and put in his time and pay his dues properly like everyone else has over the years. I'm not a real big fan of or a person who likes confrontation over such things but I'm starting to feel as if I'm being left no choice. I also am not overly concerned as if it becomes a huge problem they just won't be asked to return next yr but was trying to avoid all of that if possible. Is there going to be any other way to get my point across except just being absolutely blunt and say i don't appreciate what your doing and no one else has or would do this so if you don't move your not going to be asked to renew next yr? I just think its garbage when you do something nice for someone and they just take it and run with it as if the can do whatever they want to and to h**l with the guy already hunting there. Please let me know your guys thoughts, opinions and advice as I'd like to find a nice way out of this but if not I guess it will come to that. Thanks and hope to hear everyone's opinions.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

It doesnt pay to be a nice guy these days
Old 11-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skinnnner
It doesnt pay to be a nice guy these days
Agreed. The nice guy always gets the shaft.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

sometimes a good, direct talk makes alot of ground. start off by saying you know yer friends, and ya dont want beef....then explain the situation. explain that was a gift from you to him, it wasnt a forever deal. then tell him to get back on the porch with the other lil dogs. tell him to drag a tire around with him and someday he will be a big dog too.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Spike

Do you have a club president? If so go to the highest in command. Explain the seniority deal to him and get other members involved. He needs to redneckognize.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by wetley49
Explain the seniority deal to him and get other members involved. He needs to redneckognize.
THIS is what you should have done BEFORE he was allowed to hunt. That would have handled it before it became a problem. You can't trust how people will act anymore, because they don't know how to act!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

if he can see u in his Stands just pee in his direction maybe he will think ur trying to make a pass at him and he will move
Old 11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

I call these guys "bird dog". I only like 1 kinda bird dog and it's my lab.

#1 you never put someone in your sit.
#2 you never let someone put a stand in conflict of your sit.

Talk to your guy let how know how you feel. If he does not respect you , club relations and the like then don't let him come back next year. A newcomer to the land need to learn respect.