Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!? >

Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can you belive this bull$*@&?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

And no i wouldnt have dressed it and went on with my marry way you see i take
Pride in harvesting my own animals unlike you i guess....
Old 11-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Deernuttz story made me wonder how could those guys take any pride in stealing that buck.personaly if it was me everytime i looked at that rack it would feel like a hollow victory knowing it was already wounded,id hardly call shooting a wounded deer fair chase
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Skinner if you can't shot well enough to kill a deer right away without having to track it for ever and a day, than you need to stop hunting and live at the range until you can kill a deer without having to unload a 20 rnd mag into it.

I shoot no more than once, and the deer dies. I use adequate equipment for the task at hand. I don't rely on theft to keep my deer. They die when I shoot them.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

Sconny your comeing off very simple minded.are you saying every deer you have ever shot dropped on the spot?if so your a lier or else you havent shot very many animals.so let me get this straight,every moose elk deer bear etc etc is expected to drop on the spot?i guess we better stop concidering heart and lung shots as ecceptable.what about bow hunters?we best be starting to make arrow heads that explode.i think you keep mistakeing me for someone that cares what you think.let me clarify,i dont.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

One more thing sconny,you keep going on like it was me in this story that made a bad shot,well it wasnt so you trying to attack my shooting skills is pointless.i think its time you take your meds.all im saying is it can happen and it does when your in the feild its hardly makes for ideal shooting.but apparently you are above human error....right.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Looking at this story the deer did not run forever and a day he states he heard a shot from private land then seen a nice eight point run to his buddy.sounds like it happened pretty fast and pretty close.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Thumbs down I feel your plight...

This, my first bow kill:
I spotted a doe feeding on the edge of a field and in a browse line.

Snuck up to withing 10 yards of her and arrowed her thru the lungs.

Remembered reading something about letting an arrowed deer bleed out before tracking so I went back to my truck (not far) and had a cup of joe.

40-45 minutes later, I started tracking her, found a bubbly, bright pink bloody arrow.
Trailed her maybe 40 yards thru the browse line into a swale. She died there, lots of blood, thrashed swale and then I saw it.

Drag marks followed directly to the road, in full view of where she collapsed.

Someone else tagged my deer and stuffed her into their freezer.
I hope they puked on her.

I can understand the logic in, "it's only a deer, there will be others".
I will stand up for my kill next time if I get the chance.
Piss on thieves.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Skinner please dont come to idaho the way you look at this would have you breathing scabs instead of our pure mountain air!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a young buck years ago in a public area...I was shooting a 12 gauge in WV where it is rifle. I put a heart shot on the deer. I trailed it and heard a shot from the direction it went. Walked up to see two guys starting to field dress it. He said he shot it in the head at a full run with his rifle (that later he said he never sighted in) There was a bullet hole in the head but the exit hole was small. I guessed it was laying on the ground when he shot. There was a perfect 1 inch hole through the deer where I hit him. I stayed and watch him field dress him....his heart came out in two pieces...I guess he needed the meat more than me.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Jasonlester, that just goes to show there are dishonest people no matter where you go.

A few years back i had a doe come right below my stand coughing, yes coughing. I shot her. When I got down I noticed the big hole in her neck from a shotgun. I field dressed her, dragged her out of the way and got back in my stand. Nobody came by and we had a nice coating of snow on the ground. When i got down I tagged her and took her home.

As far as I am concerned, every neck shot isnt a done deal. If they fall you got them if they didn't you must have missed, well I know first hand thats not the way it is.

And anyone that hunts with me follows my rule, period. first fatal hit not just first blood. That can work both ways too. I shot a buck a few years ago in the back hip. In the rain. There was 4 of us trailing it, good enough blood trail to follow. Made it to the woods and 2 of us stayed on the blood and 1 each on either side. The guy to one side found the buck laying down, still alive but not getting up. he asked if I wanted to finish him or should he, I had him do it just to put the deer out. That case it was my deer but if he ran into someone we didnt know there was no way I could have taken that deer and felt good about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.