Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Howa ****** slug guns????

Old 11-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Spike

Default Howa ****** slug guns????

I looking to get any info I can on Howa ****** slug guns. I want to replace my old mossberg 500 with a semi auto. Where are they made , are they accurate and do they hold up or are they a scud launchers worst nightmare?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

never knew howa made slug guns, I would stick with known slug guns like Remington and a few others. better yet get yourself a Savage 220f
Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 AM
Spike

After further digging last night I figured out the ****** gun is made by Hatsan arms from turkey. So I'm still looking for help?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

if a semi auto is what you want I wouldn't buy one made in Turkey, I would stick with a Remington, Benneli, etc.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default Slug Gun

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
if a semi auto is what you want I wouldn't buy one made in Turkey, I would stick with a Remington, Benneli, etc.

What about Browning?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Spike

Savage 220 is the way to go. I bought one and topped it with a Leupold Ultimate Slam scope for under $700. Easy to shoot and extremely accurate! I shoot Remington Accutip 3" slugs. No problem reaching out to at least 175 yards from a rest.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I were to buy a new shotgun for deer, it would be the Savage 220. I don't favor semiautomatics for deer hunting. Too much that can go wrong. What repeater is simpler/stronger/more reliable than a bolt? There isn't one.