Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What does he score?

Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Fritz---The guy just said several posts above yours that the actual measurement on the longer tines was 12" and just under 14". That's a very nice buck that I would also say is in the 120s to maybe low 130s.
Like I said, no way. Look at his erars compared to his tines, a whitetail has about a 6.5" ear. Those tines are not over twice as long at his ears. You do know you measure to where the tine meets the main beam not to the bottom of the main beam. The picture is deceiving, if you look the ears are laid back making the rack appear bigger than it actualy is. Place the ears straight out you will see than that rack is narrower than the his eartip spead of 16", I would say he is only about 14" if that on the inside spread with about 9"-10" tines, at the most.

Last edited by fritz1; 01-10-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

That last post is exactly what I stated on one of the other scoring threads. Now here we have another expert looking at a picture and telling the friggin guy that has the rack in his hands and has measured it that he can't read a GD ruler, LOL! fritz1, you take the cake and it's no wonder you got banned for a while!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
That last post is exactly what I stated on one of the other scoring threads. Now here we have another expert looking at a picture and telling the friggin guy that has the rack in his hands and has measured it that he can't read a GD ruler, LOL! fritz1, you take the cake and it's no wonder you got banned for a while!!!
Yeah, Topgun. I beleive everything people post on here. I am a taxidermist, I know hunters and fishermen dont stretch the tape. LOL I mount deer for a living, I score animals. I am arround big deer everyday, I know what to look for and I know how to judge animals. I am not the average amature that only sees deer on t.v. and in magazines. We mount probably 300-400 deer a year. I know my measurements, apparently you dont. I have seen some of your guestaments, kinda like the other deer you thought was a 150ish, everyone else agreed about 130-140. I guess you are the expert! No need to argue with you! You have no idea how many 25lb steelhead customers bring in that actually weigh about 16lbs or 6 foot 500lb bear that actualy are 5 foot 250lbser, the same goes for deer. Hunters and fishermen make the best liers and if you beleive everything you hear or are told by magazines and on t.v., I have some oceanfront property here in Idaho to sell you.

Last edited by fritz1; 01-10-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

So says fritz1, the self-proclaimed best hunter/shooter on the planet!!! Who gives a tinkers dam or rats azz what you do for a living!!! What makes you any different than anyone else on the internet, especially one who has been banned just for trying to start fights on this website like you are here! You know animals because you're around them every day is really a hoot, LOL! Do you talk to the animals too? So big deal that I disagreed with ONE rack that was posted and by less than 10 inches! I hope he comes back with an official score close to 150" so you and the other instigator can eat crow!!! Even if he does you'll probably say the scorers don't know how to use a tape, LOL! PS: I'm not going to play your game on the other thread you just started a little while ago either, just like I didn't on the one the other "expert" started just to get something going. Why can't people just be happy to have a little fun in their guesses, regardless of whether they end up wrong or not?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-10-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

Some where around the 130 mark or so
Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

Same,about 130
Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

So why aren't you guys giving the member that said this one is close to 150" like you did me on the other thread? Amazing that the OP says he measured the spread and the longest couple tines and then fritz1 comes back just from a picture and says he is wrong in his measurements, LOL!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fritz1
Yeah, Topgun. I beleive everything people post on here. I am a taxidermist, I know hunters and fishermen dont stretch the tape. LOL I mount deer for a living, I score animals. I am arround big deer everyday, I know what to look for and I know how to judge animals. I am not the average amature that only sees deer on t.v. and in magazines. We mount probably 300-400 deer a year. I know my measurements, apparently you dont. I have seen some of your guestaments, kinda like the other deer you thought was a 150ish, everyone else agreed about 130-140. I guess you are the expert! No need to argue with you! You have no idea how many 25lb steelhead customers bring in that actually weigh about 16lbs or 6 foot 500lb bear that actualy are 5 foot 250lbser, the same goes for deer. Hunters and fishermen make the best liers and if you beleive everything you hear or are told by magazines and on t.v., I have some oceanfront property here in Idaho to sell you.

Brag much? So your the greatest man at everything...seems like your life is awefuly dull. Have a pice of humble Pie brother you may like the taste.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BP_Niccum
Brag much? So your the greatest man at everything...seems like your life is awefuly dull. Have a pice of humble Pie brother you may like the taste.
I dont brag, just state the facts, if you or anyone else dont like it, it isnt my problem. My life is anything but dull, hunting fishing and a work career in the hunting industry, living in the sportsmens paradise of Idaho, yearly fishing trips to Florida. Nope deffinitely not dull!!!. I dont know what humble pie tastes like, maybe you could inform me.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

"Every other enjoyment malice may destroy; every other panegyric envy may withhold; but no human power can deprive the boaster of his own encomiums."

Johnson, Samuel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.