Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First deer of the season!!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default First deer of the season!!

There was about an hour left in the hunt when this 105 pound doe walked in with her two fawns. I had a small 6 point to the left of me about 15 yards. I was meat hunting cause i wanted to make some jerky so i didnt want to shoot a small 6 that could be bigger next year. I made a good 10 yard shot and she took off. I was positive that she was down and out but i still wanted to give her time. Now i was hunting my grandfathers 40 acre ceder swamp and them woods are THE scariest woods ive ever been in. It was getting about dark and i went looking for her. She was down 20 yards away from where i had shot her! It was just an all around great hunt!
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3533dc09.jpg

Last edited by deerslyer11; 10-16-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Nice looking doe!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

thanks!
her back straps are tasty