Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How often to revisit food plot. >

How often to revisit food plot.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How often to revisit food plot.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Spike

Went out today to a spot that is near my corn. Didnt want to get to close to it cause i'm gonna hunt it tomorrow. I was able to get in and out really quiet and i'm confident that i didnt leave any scent behind so i'm confident for my hunt tomorrow. Today when i was out i could hear some movement and saw one good sized doe that i would have happily taken she just never got close enough but i watched her for about fifteen minutes and she never had any idea i was there. It was pretty cool for a new hunter like myself to be able to sit back and watch the deer pretty much knowing that she wasnt gonna come in, i'd say the closest she got was about sixty or seventy yards. I learned a lot about how they move and act.

I'll let everyone know how my hunt goes tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Spike

Oh forgot to add these. They're a couple shots i took with my cell while i was out today. This is where i was hunting today.

The corn i put out is on top of the ridge in this picture.

The doe came from over here which is to the right of the first pic.